The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How does Palo brunch work? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049933)

2Princess&aPrince 01-18-2013 06:59 PM

How does Palo brunch work?

So, we are doing our first Palo brunch on our third Disney cruise in February. How does it work? Is it set up in buffet form?

ohanaMAMA 01-18-2013 07:07 PM

There is a buffet set up.. but imagine the classiest buffet you have ever seen. It is anti-pasti and deserts, fruit, ect But,then you order your entree from the kitchen. ugh. I cant wait!

mickeyfan1 01-18-2013 07:08 PM

You will check in and be taken to your table. You server will come over and take you to the buffet room and explain the different stations, There are pastries and breads, cold shrimp, and other seafood, Itialian cold cuts, caviar fruit, etc. Then he will explain about the pizza, usually 4 kinds, and the main, hot entrees. Including 4 or 5 egg dishes as well as some Itialian inspired meat dishes. The pizza and entrees are brought to your table. Then there is the dessert set up, panna cotta, tira missu, and a bunch of others. You will be offered either a mimosa, a glass of prosecco, or a Bellini free of charge and coffee is also served. If it is a nice day and the ship is not moving much past really slow, you can eat outside on the private deck. If you order sparkling water, there is a charge, otherwize, all included. When you are done, you will get your check to sign and that is it. The servers are as attentive as you want, most of the time they are nout of sight, but when you need them, they appear as if you had signalled!

wdw_monster 01-18-2013 07:16 PM

Are you allowed to order more than one entree?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DynamicDisneyDuo 01-18-2013 07:22 PM

Order as much as you like.

hamm1207 01-18-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdw_monster
Are you allowed to order more than one entree?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You bet! Your server will even make recommendations for you if you'd like. They will even do half pizzas instead of full pizzas, so if you want half of one type and half another type they'll do it.

mrslaney 01-18-2013 10:59 PM

That's it, we are definitely doing Palo brunch. Lol. I had been wavering back and forth on that decision.

missj1975 01-18-2013 11:31 PM

I love the Palo brunch. We've done the brunch three times and can't get enough of it. I make multiple trips to the buffet because they have caviar so I pretty much eat my weight in caviar. Then I order the Chicken Parmesan. Then I make one last caviar trip. Then I have a couple desserts...and then my husband rolls me back to our cabin. ;)

scrapbookmomma74 01-19-2013 10:34 AM

We've done both Palo dinner and Palo brunch. The brunch was my favorite! :)
The server will walk you through all of the stations, telling you about the food there. Then, there is a counter in the back and you can order small portions of some of the different items (1 eggs benedict, small pizzas, etc.) You can eat as much as you want, and be sure to bring your camera, some of the displays are amazing!
I won't do Palo dinner again, its just not for me, but I would definitely do brunch again and again! :)

momtoleasawav 01-19-2013 11:33 AM

going tony first palo brunch in 4 weeks. I am counting the days...

allears 01-19-2013 11:39 AM

One of my favorite meals and experiences on the ship! I will eat for a good two plus hours!!!! Love the selection, so many tasty options and just sooooo much of it. Really looking forward to this experience when we sail the Fantasy for the first time next month!

Stasia5 01-26-2013 07:14 PM

What about the dress code? We are doing our first Palo brunch and I want to make sure we're dressed appropriately.

DynamicDisneyDuo 01-26-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stasia5 (Post 47317344)
What about the dress code? We are doing our first Palo brunch and I want to make sure we're dressed appropriately.

Cruise casual. No shorts, jeans, etc... khakis and polo for guys. Nice pants/skirt and shirt or dress for ladies.

k3chantal 01-26-2013 07:27 PM

I just want to learn more. :)

jdb in AZ 01-26-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k3chantal (Post 47317431)
I just want to learn more. :)

Palo brunch is offered only on sea days so it can be tricky to get a reservation. If you can't reserve a spot online, they do hold back half the ressies for on-board booking. As soon as you get on the ship, go to "dining changes" (the exact location will be listed in the Navigator, or you can ask a cast member) and make your reservations then.