The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Kids Club bracelets... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049685)

kristieboyd 01-18-2013 10:31 AM

Kids Club bracelets...

From the pictures I've seen, they look awfully big & bulky and can't be comfortable to wear. Are you able to remove them when the kids aren't in clubs, or do they have to remain on for the entire length of the cruise?

Luv_Tink 01-18-2013 10:40 AM

They are bulky and my girls complained a lot about how uncomfortable they were. We took them off whenever they weren't headed to the club/lab and put them in the room safe. When we would drop them at the club/lab the CM would just make a new band right then and reattach. It was never a problem.

tweis 01-18-2013 10:42 AM

You can not easily remove the bracelets, they need to be cut off. You could probably cut it off each time and just keep up with the GPS device and get a new bracelet each time if it is uncomfortable for your children. It actually broke with my DS and he just had to get a new bracelet next time he went to the lab. My DS did not complain at all about his bracelet and it is not as bulky as it may appear in photos. :)

gunka 01-18-2013 10:45 AM

We took our dd's off when she left the club, and they reattached it upon her next visit. They can also where them on their ankle.

Started With a Mouse 01-18-2013 10:46 AM

They became like a second skin to our kids. Not too tight, not too loose. They liked their special 'Disney bracelets'.

tigger309 01-18-2013 10:47 AM

They are supposed to stay on the enitre time you are on the cruise. On our first cruise in Dec 2010 my DD(7) and DS(4) did complain for the first couple minutes but after that they were fine with them. They didn't complain at all on our cruise this past May. I don't remeber the excat size but I think they are about 2 inches by 2inches.

UmmGooD 01-18-2013 10:48 AM

We had two with the bands on all week on our last cruise. We had them put the band on our 3 year old's ankle and she whined about it for about 20 minutes but after that it was like it was never even there. I could see how some kids might have an issue and would complain. I would bring on a small pair of scissors that you might find in a makeup case for removing those things. My wife always has a small pair in her purse and we always use them for cutting off random bands the kids get from waterparks/etc...

Started With a Mouse 01-18-2013 10:48 AM

Oh, and after we gave the back on the last night, at the end of our 14 night cruise, they were a little upset. Went to the gift shop and bought charm bracelets for them to wear off the ship in the morning.

jahber 01-18-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigger309
They are supposed to stay on the enitre time you are on the cruise. On our first cruise in Dec 2010 my DD(7) and DS(4) did complain for the first couple minutes but after that they were fine with them. They didn't complain at all on our cruise this past May. I don't remeber the excat size but I think they are about 2 inches by 2inches.

They don't *have* to stay on the whole cruise :). Only when in the clubs. And definitely consider taking them off for Castaway Cay. So many people have reported losing them there. You don't need the GPS tracker part at Scuttle's Cove. They'll just print the band part for you.

The band started cutting my daughter's skin on our first cruise, so we started taking them off each time they left. My kids have pretty sensitive skin, though, so ymmv.

jetskigrl 01-18-2013 11:56 AM

DS broke out in a rash underneath the sensor on our first 7-night cruise. So on the next one, we had them put it on his ankle instead. It worked out great there - didn't bother him at all :thumbsup2

WanderlustNZ 01-18-2013 12:01 PM

Can they be worn in water?

Meghatron 01-18-2013 12:04 PM

I have to admit, while the band *can* be cut off and reattached... I very much dislike the wasted time on my vacation spent waiting in the club check-in line that is full of parents who also need bands reprinted. It really does add up when people do that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ (Post 47230129)
Can they be worn in water?

Yup!

sdjen 01-18-2013 12:04 PM

My dd wore hers in the pool with no issues. She also liked it better on her ankle.

WanderlustNZ 01-18-2013 12:08 PM

Great. Thanks :-)

cookingqueen 01-18-2013 12:08 PM

My son has son touch sensitivities and he had no problems with the band. He wore it the entire cruise and never complained.
Also- they are completely fine for the water, sunscreen etc!!