The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   BC or YC CL ???? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049565)

Debrn 01-18-2013 06:51 AM

BC or YC CL ????

Ok booked at Poly but with the uncertainty about volcano pool refurb, and now going to switch to either BC Or YC CL. It's only an extra 400, and pool open for sure. Have used pool at BC when BWV pool was closed but haven't stayed at either. Which do you prefer?

natebenma 01-18-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debrn (Post 47227136)
Ok booked at Poly but with the uncertainty about volcano pool refurb, and now going to switch to either BC Or YC CL. It's only an extra 400, and pool open for sure. Have used pool at BC when BWV pool was closed but haven't stayed at either. Which do you prefer?

I prefer the lighter decor at the Beach Club, but a lot of people prefer the YC, especially the CL lounge, because it is a little larger. Plus all rooms at the YC have full balconies, but some rooms at the Beach Club, including club level, have smaller standing only Juliet balconies. Beach Club is a little closer to the Marketplace gift shop/snack/meal location, but if you are staying CL that would not be as important to your family

Both resorts have the same management, same food offered in the lounge, have equal access to the pool.

If you have the time, check out the first page of the Yacht & Beach FAQ thread. There is a lot of information and pictures of both resorts. There is a CL post, with pictures of the lounge and offerings and a post in the FAQ post (13?) that highlights the differences in the two resorts.

You can click on the link in my signature.

Dee

Pakey 01-18-2013 07:41 AM

I have stayed club level at both 2x. I much prefer YC. The offerings are exactly the same but the club room is nicer at YC. Also I've had better experiences with the CMs at YC CL.

I prefer the BC resort over YC. So it's a trade off when staying CL.

kapoof 01-18-2013 08:29 AM

I have stayed only at the bc cl but I can say it was wonderful!!

Debrn 01-18-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natebenma (Post 47227293)
I prefer the lighter decor at the Beach Club, but a lot of people prefer the YC, especially the CL lounge, because it is a little larger. Plus all rooms at the YC have full balconies, but some rooms at the Beach Club, including club level, have smaller standing only Juliet balconies. Beach Club is a little closer to the Marketplace gift shop/snack/meal location, but if you are staying CL that would not be as important to your family

Both resorts have the same management, same food offered in the lounge, have equal access to the pool.

If you have the time, check out the first page of the Yacht & Beach FAQ thread. There is a lot of information and pictures of both resorts. There is a CL post, with pictures of the lounge and offerings and a post in the FAQ post (13?) that highlights the differences in the two resorts.

You can click on the link in my signature.

Dee

Thank you! I have booked YC