The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Here Now......Any Questions??? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049424)

mattsmom2000 01-17-2013 07:38 PM

Here Now......Any Questions???
 
We are here until Sunday. We are staying at POP. We have been here since Saturday. Weather has been fabulous until this afternoon. It got cold and misty. We are in a Pool view preferred room. We have visited all of the parks. We are having a great time and are not looking forward to going home!!! Can answer any questions you have!! :goodvibes

Disneygirl 792 01-17-2013 09:37 PM

I have a question. Are they doing the bracelets yet or do you still have a card?

Thanks:)

mattsmom2000 01-17-2013 09:52 PM

We still have the card, but while we were here this week they changed the locks on the doors to pads that you touch with the card key rather than having to slide them in and out. Hope this helps.

GoonieBride 01-18-2013 11:35 AM

how paked is POP right now? we will be there in one week:hyper:

mattsmom2000 01-18-2013 12:49 PM

POP is crowded with Brazil tour groups but we never had to wait for food or buses. Both have been excellent!!

Jessbaby 01-18-2013 01:30 PM

How are the crowds in the parks?

nonnasally 01-18-2013 02:06 PM

Just letting you know-- bounceback seekers!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsmom2000 (Post 47223897)
We are here until Sunday. We are staying at POP. We have been here since Saturday. Weather has been fabulous until this afternoon. It got cold and misty. We are in a Pool view preferred room. We have visited all of the parks. We are having a great time and are not looking forward to going home!!! Can answer any questions you have!! :goodvibes

Hope you are having a great time. We just got back from POP on Jan. 6. It was crowded then also but still things were great. We had a great time and hope you do also!
JUST ONE WORD OF WARNING that I called Disney about yesterday.
When I checked in it was so crowded that a CM was using a rolling lap top on a cart to assist with check in's. He retrieved my keys and packet before I even got to the front desk. Do not do what I did---- read the brochure even if you have been there 100x before. I didn't bother figuring it was same old, same old. When I got home and unpacked I took the brochures thumbed thru it for scrap-booking pics and that's when I saw the big bounce-back offer ( semi-hidden_ in the middle of the brochure. Since I have ressie's for October I called immediately, explained but was told "politely" too late, too bad! So I have lost a 35% discount unless the pin code gods shine on me soon. The old bounceback card usually in the room is apparently not being used anymore. The cm on the phone agreed that upon check in someone should have at least mentioned the bounceback offer being contained within.--- all in all, my fault and I just don't want to see it happen to anyone else----- so frustrating!

MinnieMO 01-18-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsmom2000 (Post 47225120)
We still have the card, but while we were here this week they changed the locks on the doors to pads that you touch with the card key rather than having to slide them in and out. Hope this helps.

What building are you in? Are all buildings done?

GoonieBride 01-18-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsmom2000 (Post 47229998)
POP is crowded with Brazil tour groups but we never had to wait for food or buses. Both have been excellent!!

oh i competely forgot about the Brazil Tours. :scratchin those dang flags will be everywhere! lol

Is there a fridge in the rooms correct? i can't remeber.

pepe of ohio 01-18-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonnasally

Hope you are having a great time. We just got back from POP on Jan. 6. It was crowded then also but still things were great. We had a great time and hope you do also!
JUST ONE WORD OF WARNING that I called Disney about yesterday.
When I checked in it was so crowded that a CM was using a rolling lap top on a cart to assist with check in's. He retrieved my keys and packet before I even got to the front desk. Do not do what I did---- read the brochure even if you have been there 100x before. I didn't bother figuring it was same old, same old. When I got home and unpacked I took the brochures thumbed thru it for scrap-booking pics and that's when I saw the big bounce-back offer ( semi-hidden_ in the middle of the brochure. Since I have ressie's for October I called immediately, explained but was told "politely" too late, too bad! So I have lost a 35% discount unless the pin code gods shine on me soon. The old bounceback card usually in the room is apparently not being used anymore. The cm on the phone agreed that upon check in someone should have at least mentioned the bounceback offer being contained within.--- all in all, my fault and I just don't want to see it happen to anyone else----- so frustrating!

We had something similar happen, but when we returned home, I sent WDW and email stating our problem ( no bounce back brochure in room) but at the check in tables there were notices....

I received a phone call from a Disney representative ( not a CM call center person) that wanted to help me solve the problem or error...she was very concerned and considerate, gave us a better deal for our next stay and we couldn't have been happier..... Skip calling the CRO.... those CM's have no clue!

nonnasally 01-18-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepe of ohio (Post 47231685)
We had something similar happen, but when we returned home, I sent WDW and email stating our problem ( no bounce back brochure in room) but at the check in tables there were notices....

I received a phone call from a Disney representative ( not a CM call center person) that wanted to help me solve the problem or error...she was very concerned and considerate, gave us a better deal for our next stay and we couldn't have been happier..... Skip calling the CRO.... those CM's have no clue!

Thanks so much for the tip. Maybe its not too late. I have made two phone calls which they can verify. Any advice on what email address to use? Thanks again.:cool1:

pepe of ohio 01-18-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonnasally

Thanks so much for the tip. Maybe its not too late. I have made two phone calls which they can verify. Any advice on what email address to use? Thanks again.:cool1:

I used the one from their web site in reservations at the bottom..... Contact us....mailto:wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld. com

mattsmom2000 01-18-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessbaby
How are the crowds in the parks?

The crowds have been excellent until today. I guess the start of MLK weekend brought them to EPCOT. We expected it though. Although it was frustrating that BOG restaurant was so packed for lunch the other day. We are going to try again tomorrow.

mattsmom2000 01-18-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinnieMO

What building are you in? Are all buildings done?

We are in building 5. I am not sure if all are done but I can ask tomorrow. :)

mattsmom2000 01-18-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoonieBride

oh i competely forgot about the Brazil Tours. :scratchin those dang flags will be everywhere! lol

Is there a fridge in the rooms correct? i can't remeber.

Yes all of the rooms have a fridge and there is wifi all over. :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.