The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   GF and CB (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049405)

jltdone 01-17-2013 07:08 PM

GF and CB

I am wondering if people stay at 2 resorts while they are there say 3 nights at 1 and then 4 nights at the other one. We like the price range of the beach caribbean and the inlaws want to stay at the grand floridian. So i am wonderinf if the magic your way thing will they move ur bags for u from one resort to another one or would we have to do that?

dansdad 01-17-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jltdone (Post 47223650)
I am wondering if people stay at 2 resorts while they are there say 3 nights at 1 and then 4 nights at the other one. We like the price range of the beach caribbean and the inlaws want to stay at the grand floridian. So i am wonderinf if the magic your way thing will they move ur bags for u from one resort to another one or would we have to do that?

They will move your bags for you. Just be aware, don't expect your bags to be at your 2nd resort until around 2-3 i the afternoon.

akl-fan 01-18-2013 11:28 AM

Just call bell services and they will transfer your belongings to the next resort. Remember to keep swimming stuff separately if you plan to use the hotel pool in the afternoon. It has been after 5pm before our luggage has been delivered in the past.

P00H1010 01-18-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jltdone (Post 47223650)

Absolutely! We did a split stay last year between Bay Lake Tower and Caribbean Beach Resort. When you are ready to transfer resorts you can take your bags to bell services and they transfer them for you (this is a free service that Disney provides). Make sure if you have something that you will be needing to have it with you as your bags might not arrive until late afternoon or so. I believe we checked out of resort #1 around 11ish and they told us that our bags wouldn't be at resort #2 until around 3ish. The other way to transfer resorts would be to take a taxi over to your second resort.

momto3gr8boys 01-18-2013 02:53 PM

We are doing our first split stay this summer with the BC and Poly. Your luggage will be transferred, and from what I've read that is no problem. You will need to extend your ticket days from your first stay (if you don't have APs and are doing a package vs. RO). A dining plan will also not transfer. I'm excited to try it out this summer...took a little more planning than usual, but it all seems to be coming together easily.