The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Eat anything awesome at Sanaa, Kona or Yak&Yeti? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3049365)

eeyoresmom 01-17-2013 04:43 PM

Eat anything awesome at Sanaa, Kona or Yak&Yeti?

We have dinner ADR's at these restaurants and want to hear what you loved (or didn't). We are big dessert lovers too so please advise :)

autumnpalm 01-17-2013 04:45 PM

At Sanaa:

Definitely the bread sampler and the green curry shrimp entree! We haven't had dessert there but the chai cream gets great reviews. I haven't tried anything yet at Sanaa that wasn't delicious but the shrimp and bread service blew me away.

At Yak & Yeti:

Wonton dessert!!!

SimplyGoofy 01-17-2013 04:47 PM

We loved our appetizers at Y&Y (the potstickers and the chicken wings - yum!). I also thought my shrimp were good. Dessert wise, the wonton dessert was just okay for me, but I think I was pretty full when I attempted to eat it. :lmao:

shoney 01-17-2013 04:55 PM

The seafood curry dish at Yak & Yeti was very good! My favorite single dish of the week last February!

AppleSister1 01-17-2013 04:56 PM

Sanaa: The bread service is awesome! You pick three kinds of bread and three kinds of dips/spreads. I love the tandoori shrimp, but not sure if that's just for lunch. Nephews (10 & 12) loved the durban (?) chicken.

Y&Y: I love the ribs here. The wonton dessert is excellent!

Kona: I was only there for lunch but loved the fish tacos.

rznhal 01-17-2013 05:09 PM

Yak and Yeti-Shrimp lo mein, Mango pie

Kona-The bread (better than my entree!!!!!) and the chocolate banana creme brle

Enjoy!!!

STLnative 01-17-2013 06:55 PM

Sanaa - bread service (esp. the naan), butter chicken, spicy durban chicken, lamb vindaloo
Kona - sticky wings, teriyaki strip
Y&Y - never been

showers2flowers 01-17-2013 07:26 PM

I can only speak about Sanaa: like everyone else has said, get the bread service. I actually preferred the dips that came with the bread service at Jiko, but for the bread itself, Sanaa is awesome! Entrees--the spicy durban chicken was my favorite, followed by the green curry with shrimp. Dessert--the warm rice pudding is wonderful--it comes with bits of mango and is served with a vanilla flavored cream that you pour into the dish. :thumbsup2

disfan33 01-17-2013 09:34 PM

The wok-fried green beans at Yak & Yeti are amazing!

MJMcBride 01-17-2013 09:41 PM

Sanaa, Kona and Y&Y are three of my favorites

Sanaa: definitely the bread service, also really liked the slow cooked butter chicken and braised short rib

Yak & Yeti; Lettuce cups and spring rolls rock!

Kona: I assume dinner the sticky wings are great. I loved the noodle bowl. The steak gets big thumbs up

Kona's breakfast may ne the best

partigus 01-17-2013 09:42 PM

everything...sorry- no help, i know, but out of large (10 +) parties everyone relly enjoyed what they ordered at both places...let your palette be your guide!

eeyoresmom 01-18-2013 08:57 AM

Thanks everyone. We ate at Sanaa when they first opened and I remember no one in our party of 6 liking the desserts. The only one I remember was a strange carrot thing that tasted like shredded salad carrots, not dessert-y at all ;) that has kept us from returning there, but we are giving it another go next month. We have only eaten at Kona once and remember a great steak dish.Y&Y is new to us so don't know what to expect.

DakotaRose 01-18-2013 11:52 AM

Kona - If you like coffee, the Kona coffee panna cotta is really wonderful. The table next to me raved about the Kilauea tort, too.

grace&philipsmom 01-18-2013 01:01 PM

Yak and Yeti - the cream cheese wontons were fantastic!
Kona - I like the potstickers (appetizer) and the banana creme brulee