The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Why is AOA so much more expensive than ASMu? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047956)

luvdisney77 01-15-2013 11:11 AM

Why is AOA so much more expensive than ASMu?
 
I priced both Family Suites on the Spring Offer, and AOA came out $432.58 higher than ASMu? Same dates, tickets, and dining. I thought that they were both value? Now we just charge more for a newer resort?:confused3

maxiesmom 01-15-2013 11:18 AM

Yep. ;)

AoA also has covered bus stops, which they don't have at the All Stars. And I think the pool area is nicer, but still no slide. I do know that AoA is heavily themed with Disney characters, which ASMu is not.

TDC Nala 01-15-2013 11:20 AM

Because they are new, they are more heavily themed, they are more centrally located, and people will pay extra for that.

Jenny52 01-15-2013 11:41 AM

I was wondering the same thing. The Lion King rooms are crazy priced for being a VR!

Dixiemom 01-15-2013 11:43 AM

Funny, I have always wondered why the Wilderness Lodge is considered a moderate instead of a deluxe (price wise).....

Hopefully 01-15-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixiemom (Post 47197324)
Funny, I have always wondered why the Wilderness Lodge is considered a moderate instead of a deluxe (price wise).....

The rooms are smaller and they sleep fewer people

TDC Nala 01-15-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopefully (Post 47197342)
The rooms are smaller and they sleep fewer people

Also lack of access to a park by walking or monorail. Same with AKL.

Dixiemom 01-15-2013 07:14 PM

OOPS!I meant the Cabins at Fort Wilderness............

stitchlovestink 01-15-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvdisney77
I priced both Family Suites on the Spring Offer, and AOA came out $432.58 higher than ASMu? Same dates, tickets, and dining. I thought that they were both value? Now we just charge more for a newer resort?

actually they have categorized them as a Value Plus. I'd have to look for where it is on the site and I'm on my phone, so it's too hard to do this way. But they actually consider it a step above ALL the other values including POP.


Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

cuteduck223 01-16-2013 12:08 AM

Plus its in high demand, so the discount wont be as much. It isnt blanket pricing, you can even find different rates at the all-stars depending on availability.

maxiesmom 01-16-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuteduck223 (Post 47204773)
Plus its in high demand, so the discount wont be as much. It isnt blanket pricing, you can even find different rates at the all-stars depending on availability.

They don't change the rates depending on availability. They may sell out of one room category or another, but they don't start our charging a set amount for a room type and then change that amount as that type of room sells out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.