The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Bed question (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047762)

kdeans1010 01-14-2013 10:06 PM

Bed question

I booked a family room with verandah. Dumb/silly question:
Can I get a room with 2 full beds or do I get a queen and 2 twins?

(Asking because I sleep on a queen- alone. I am taking my mom, who sleeps in a queen- with 3 dogs and my dad. Neither of us want a twin bed. And we don't want to share. I hit/sucker punch people in my sleep... So the idea of us sleeping in the queen isn't appealing.)

PrincessShmoo 01-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdeans1010 (Post 47193581)

(Asking because I sleep on a queen- alone. I am taking my mom, who sleeps in a queen- with 3 dogs and my dad. Neither of us want a twin bed. And we don't want to share. I hit/sucker punch people in my sleep... So the idea of us sleeping in the queen isn't appealing.)

The bed arrangement on the Dream & Fantasy is 1 queen bed, one sofa bed, a pull down upper berth, and (in some) a murphy bed. Except for the queen bed, all the other beds are twin beds.

:cutie:

Meghatron 01-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdeans1010

Which ship did you book?

Magic/Wonder all rooms have a queen bed that can split into twins.

Dream/Fantasy all rooms have a queen bed.

The additional guests sleep in a combination of sofa bed, pull-down bunk, and Murphy bed.

PrincessShmoo 01-14-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meghatron (Post 47193615)
Which ship did you book?

Magic/Wonder all rooms have a queen bed that can split into twins.

Dream/Fantasy all rooms have a queen bed.

The additional guests sleep in a combination of sofa bed, pull-down bunk, and Murphy bed.

I figured it was the Fantasy, since her ticker says Eastern Caribbean on it.

kdeans1010 01-14-2013 10:14 PM

Fantasy. I booked once and loved it so much I thought my mom had to go for the second cruise. I just am kinda' bummed because I am a mover in bed and so is she.... I do wonder if I can get the top bunk though. I mean if it's going to be there... I may weigh too much.

kcashner 01-14-2013 10:18 PM

If there are 2 of you, logically one of you will sleep in the queen bed and one in the sofa bed.

PrincessShmoo 01-14-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdeans1010 (Post 47193641)
Fantasy. I booked once and loved it so much I thought my mom had to go for the second cruise. I just am kinda' bummed because I am a mover in bed and so is she.... I do wonder if I can get the top bunk though. I mean if it's going to be there... I may weigh too much.

I think the weight limit is 200, could be 220 lbs.

kcashner 01-14-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 47193670)
I think the weight limit is 200, could be 220 lbs.

On the Magic, it is 220. And I won't climb the ladder.

Meghatron 01-14-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

I figured it was the Fantasy, since her ticker says Eastern Caribbean on it.

No signatures show up in the DISboards app, so I couldn't see the ticker.

TLSnell1981 01-15-2013 12:32 AM

I misread the title of this thread. I thought, it said "bad" question. Oops! :rotfl:

HermanTriplets+1 01-15-2013 08:16 AM

If your mom is used to a Queen bed with a husband and 3 dogs :eek: then probably sleeping alone on the sofa bed wouldn't be so bad! Then you can have the Queen and no one needs to have the upper bunk. Am I understanding right that it's just the 2 of you in the room? I'd LOVE to cruise with just my Mom:hug:! Have a great time!:goodvibes

kdeans1010 01-15-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 (Post 47195758)
If your mom is used to a Queen bed with a husband and 3 dogs :eek: then probably sleeping alone on the sofa bed wouldn't be so bad! Then you can have the Queen and no one needs to have the upper bunk. Am I understanding right that it's just the 2 of you in the room? I'd LOVE to cruise with just my Mom:hug:! Have a great time!:goodvibes

Yep, it's just my mom and I. I don't have kids. I took my dad last year (after I graduated nursing school and he pushed me through.) and we had a lot of fun together (he loved doing the FE). So I thought since Mom watched my kid/Tucker, my golden retriever (who apparently cried the entire time I was gone), I'd take her. The difference is Dad is very "I can sleep anywhere!" and go with the flow. My mom is "I need a queen bed to sleep. You can't expect your mother to sleep in a twin bed."

I am getting kinda' nervous because the two of us have very different sleep patterns (I am a NOC shifter and on my days off I fall asleep around 6pm, wake up at 3-4am. She goes to bed at midnight and wakes up at 9 or 10am.). I am totally psyched for this vacation, the only thing kinda' stressing me out is the sleep stuff because we both have weird sleeping ticks (I posted a thread about Nyquil earlier as well).

KurlyStarr 01-15-2013 11:34 AM

You'd be surprised at how your usual routines (sleeping, eating) kind of change on a cruise. LOL

Don't worry... and have fun! :-)