The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   2 Rooms for a Large family (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047735)

luke7203 01-14-2013 09:09 PM

2 Rooms for a Large family

My wife and I have 5 kids, ages 4-12 yo at time of travel. If we get 2 rooms at Pop...will disney let us get one room with doubles and one room with a king bed?

lovesdumbo 01-14-2013 09:16 PM

No. A set up like that would only have an occupancy of 6 so they would not put your family of 7 there.

toonaspie 01-14-2013 09:23 PM

I know it might be a little more expensive, but perhaps you should consider renting points for a 2 bedroom DVC villa instead (anything less will not meet your capacity), that way your family can stay together. But if price is really that important to you, you may have to consider an offsite vacation home instead.

This link might help you out with info: http://yourfirstvisit.net/planning-y...arge-families/

luke7203 01-15-2013 09:08 AM

Thanks for the help!

lanejudy 01-15-2013 11:11 AM

Another thing to consider is that WDW will not guarantee connecting rooms, or even adjoining (next door). It can be request and frequently accommodated, but no guarantee. With kids your age I would not take a chance on risking the 2 rooms potentially being on different floors and/or in different areas of the resort, to say nothing of not connecting. Again, many people report they request connecting and always get it, but WDW won't guarantee it and there have been times a family had to split up.

Good luck!

jenben8426 01-15-2013 11:36 AM

We only had 4 kids at the time, but yes we were able to get rooms that were connecting like that in 2011. I had looked at maps of the resort and found out which buildings had connecting rooms. I then phoned in that request. We were granted it with no problems whatsoever. However, like someone else said you might run into occupancy issues since none of your children are under the age of 3. It would never hurt to ask in my opinion.

maxiesmom 01-15-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenben8426 (Post 47197876)
We only had 4 kids at the time, but yes we were able to get rooms that were connecting like that in 2011. I had looked at maps of the resort and found out which buildings had connecting rooms. I then phoned in that request. We were granted it with no problems whatsoever. However, like someone else said you might run into occupancy issues since none of your children are under the age of 3. It would never hurt to ask in my opinion.

They won't allow it. King bed rooms only hold 2 people and a child under the age of 3. Standard rooms only hold 4 people as well, so the OP has 1 person too many for that arrangement.

DisneyGal24 01-15-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxiesmom

They won't allow it. King bed rooms only hold 2 people and a child under the age of 3. Standard rooms only hold 4 people as well, so the OP has 1 person too many for that arrangement.

Really? We (DH, DD, and me) stayed at Pop in Feb 2011 and had a king room. No problems at all.

DisneyGal24 01-15-2013 05:52 PM

Meant to add that DD was 5 at the time! :)

Katd52 01-15-2013 06:01 PM

We're a large family that needs 2 rooms at POP. My online check in actually says
"Room Requests: Ground Floor, Connecting Rooms (guaranteed), Near Transportation"

The guaranteed connecting rooms was on there already and I'm not able to chang it(not that I want to :) )

maxiesmom 01-16-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katd52 (Post 47201845)
We're a large family that needs 2 rooms at POP. My online check in actually says
"Room Requests: Ground Floor, Connecting Rooms (guaranteed), Near Transportation"

The guaranteed connecting rooms was on there already and I'm not able to chang it(not that I want to :) )

Just because it states guaranteed connecting rooms does not mean you will for sure get them. Disney shouldn't even put that on, I don't know why they do. They don't assign rooms when you book them, so they have no way of knowing ahead of time if there will be connecting rooms available.

Odds are good you will get them, but nothing is 100% guaranteed by Disney. And their own web site states connecting rooms are a request and not guaranteed.:headache:

Disney Doll 01-16-2013 06:54 AM

How about those family suites at Art of Animation or All Stars? Do they sleep 7?

dansdad 01-16-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Doll
How about those family suites at Art of Animation or All Stars? Do they sleep 7?

The suites have a max occupancy of 6.

ElizabethB 01-16-2013 07:45 AM

Technically, 6 plus one under 3 in the family suites.

aaarcher86 01-16-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxiesmom

Just because it states guaranteed connecting rooms does not mean you will for sure get them. Disney shouldn't even put that on, I don't know why they do. They don't assign rooms when you book them, so they have no way of knowing ahead of time if there will be connecting rooms available.

Odds are good you will get them, but nothing is 100% guaranteed by Disney. And their own web site states connecting rooms are a request and not guaranteed.:headache:

Disney will guarantee connecting rooms for 2 adults + children. They will book 2 rooms under 1 reservation to do so instead of two reservations linked together. Any more than 2 adults and it isnt guaranteed.