The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Anyone doing the ABD add-ons for the med cruises? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047514)

slg 01-14-2013 02:58 PM

Anyone doing the ABD add-ons for the med cruises?
 
I booked the 3 day precruise add-on on July 10 and was hoping to find out if anyone is going to be doing any of these. I really hope they happen as I don't have back-up hotel, but I don't know when DCL will decide.

Any information would be welcome!

Rob S. 01-14-2013 03:06 PM

Looks like we're on the same cruise. I called just out of curiousity to see what it would cost to add ABD to the 12 night cruise. The cost is $3,149 per person :scared1:.

I took a pass.

slg 01-14-2013 03:16 PM

Was that for the 3 day pre-cruise or for the cruise enhanced one? We're paying less than that, only $1999 per person and $1699 for the kids for the 4 day, 3 night pre-cruise adventure that includes airport pick ups and transfers to port, meals, hotel and exclusive guided tours and experiences.

slg 01-14-2013 03:20 PM

Actually, I just looked it up and we're paying less than I said:

3-Night Pre-Stay in Barcelona - Barcelona Escape

Adventure Highlights:

Privately guided tour to the Sagrada Familia Cathedral, Montserrat and the Gothic Quarter.
Experience the culture and meet the people through activities including stained glass making and a Flamenco dance performance.
Get access to special experiences such as an archeology experience and a mountain hike.

Adult - $1,899 per person

Child - $1,799 per person (ages 4-11, but it's recommended that children be 6 and older)

Additional Deposit due at time of booking - 20% of ABD add-on per person

Hotel, food, transfers, tips to local guides included. Only thing you have to pay is the tips to the ABD guides.

Rob S. 01-14-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slg (Post 47189337)
Was that for the 3 day pre-cruise or for the cruise enhanced one? We're paying less than that, only $1999 per person and $1699 for the kids for the 4 day, 3 night pre-cruise adventure that includes airport pick ups and transfers to port, meals, hotel and exclusive guided tours and experiences.

The $3,149 was for DURING the cruise. Most of the shore excursions looked interesting, but not all of them. I can still take some pretty good shore excursions and have quite a bit left over for that kind of money.

slg 01-14-2013 03:51 PM

See my above post. I'm doing the pre cruise. I wouldn't do a cruise add-on as I want to be able to choose my own excursions and also $3100 is too pricey!

ruadisneyfan2 01-14-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob S. (Post 47189586)
The $3,149 was for DURING the cruise. Most of the shore excursions looked interesting, but not all of them. I can still take some pretty good shore excursions and have quite a bit left over for that kind of money.

I was just read a TR from someone who had done ABD during the cruise. She was disappointed in many situations. Also there was 39 passengers in the group so something simple like stopping for gelato took an hour.

You can hire a completely private tour guide to take your family to all these things for less than the cost of 1 person on ABD. ABD is perfect for those who can afford it and don't feel like having to do the reserach; just trust that ABD will handle everything and show you a good time.

Yvet 01-15-2013 04:09 AM

I know somebody that did the ABD pre-cruise add on in 2011 and they were with 2 families in total, themselves (3 adults) and at least 2 other adults.

DisneyHelen 01-15-2013 04:59 AM

:dance3::dance3:I booked pre cruise add on for June 8 cruise for three adults

wallawallakids 01-15-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slg (Post 47189125)
I booked the 3 day precruise add-on on July 10 and was hoping to find out if anyone is going to be doing any of these. I really hope they happen as I don't have back-up hotel, but I don't know when DCL will decide.

Any information would be welcome!

I would love to hear a review of it after you are done, if you do not mind. Hubby and I would really like to do this next year. (Fingers crossed that it is still offered!)

dsnydaddy 01-15-2013 07:54 AM

Insanely pricey. If you got the money go for it. Probably would be a blast.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.