The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Turkey Legs: I don't get it... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047268)

Kermie 01-14-2013 09:04 AM

Turkey Legs: I don't get it...

Our APs expire in a few days. This was our last weekend, so, my daughter and I decide to try an infamous turkey leg. Maybe because the shirts are cute, or we have seen so many people "enjoying" them, who knows?

I do know that I am now set for life. It was just alright, nothing more. I needed some protein that day, and it helped.

I am still wondering what the fascination is....

goofyintoronto 01-14-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kermie (Post 47185143)
Our APs expire in a few days. This was our last weekend, so, my daughter and I decide to try an infamous turkey leg. Maybe because the shirts are cute, or we have seen so many people "enjoying" them, who knows?

I do know that I am now set for life. It was just alright, nothing more. I needed some protein that day, and it helped.

Im with you. I find them disgusting. And I love meat, and turkey, but I just dont enjoy turkey legs at all.

Disneykidsdad 01-14-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kermie (Post 47185143)

Agreed...I tried one a few years ago and was not impressed. To me it didn't even taste like turkey. It tasted more like ham to me.

BEASLYBOO 01-14-2013 09:21 AM

I tried one, once and only once, made a mess of my hands and the smell, Oh! I think it's the level of smoke they use, but now the smell of them just makes me gag! Thankfully my son who eat anything not nailed down, does not like them either!

aaarcher86 01-14-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneykidsdad (Post 47185244)
Agreed...I tried one a few years ago and was not impressed. To me it didn't even taste like turkey. It tasted more like ham to me.

Same here! I tried one at the RenFest this year. Looked and tasted like ham and the outside was so darn tough to get through!

Tonka's Skipper 01-14-2013 10:01 AM

We love them, always a must for me and if the kids are with us, them as well.:thumbsup2

The reason it tasted like ham is that its a *smoked* turkey leg.

AKK

dvcterry 01-14-2013 10:49 AM

We tried it, but it was dry and hard on the outside.

JeRmS 01-14-2013 11:37 AM

I can never get past the viens and tendons and such that run through the meat ... :crazy2:

AlohaAnnie 01-14-2013 12:09 PM

While I am not a fan, DS is and we indulge him.

I guess like everything else to each their own.

:goodvibes

shells4 01-14-2013 12:22 PM

I agree, not a big fan. My hubbie however, LOVES them. I enjoy a few bites with a side dish. Can't eat the leg by itself. My husband even has a turkey leg air freshner for his truck--yuck. LOL

Kermie 01-14-2013 12:24 PM

I guess I was surprised that I did not like it, since there are really only two or three foods I will not eat...

It was much more difficult to get the meat off than I thought.

I still think the shirt is great!

wintotty 01-14-2013 01:03 PM

Turkey leg is the 1st thing my DH requested when I asked him what he wants to do at WDW..............:confused3

JimmyV 01-14-2013 01:13 PM

What's not to get? A year's worth of fat and sodium dressed up in the shape of a club with inedible tendons and cartiledge running through it. For some, that all spells "culinary greatness". For others, that spells "wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole". It's County Fair food, and many people crave the stuff. Me? Not so much. But not really due to the taste, but instead for the way it makes me feel afterwards. Dirty, and a little violated.;)

goofyintoronto 01-14-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeRmS (Post 47186731)
I can never get past the viens and tendons and such that run through the meat ... :crazy2:

:sick: Me neither! :scared::crazy2::crazy2:

princessSunshine 01-14-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneykidsdad (Post 47185244)

This is exactly what I thought - DH had to try one once because of the hype, but has never gotten one since:goodvibes