The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Making payments for room only (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047250)

SnapesGirl 01-14-2013 09:35 AM

Making payments for room only
 
I remember reading somewhere on the forum that you can only make payments online when you book a Disney vacation package, not a room only. However, the CM I spoke to last night when booking our room only said I could make payments online by logging into my account. I cannot for the life of me find on the website where to pay when I log in. Was I just misinformed?

aaarcher86 01-14-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnapesGirl (Post 47184864)
I remember reading somewhere on the forum that you can only make payments online when you book a Disney vacation package, not a room only. However, the CM I spoke to last night when booking our room only said I could make payments online by logging into my account. I cannot for the life of me find on the website where to pay when I log in. Was I just misinformed?

Just misinformed (unless that's something they'll be adding to the new site). But as of right now no one can make their payments online - not even packages. The function hasn't been added yet.

So for now, you'll have to call and we'll all have to wait and see if that's something you might be able to do in the future with a room only.

SnapesGirl 01-14-2013 09:41 AM

That's what I thought. Thank you!

jnfr2424 01-14-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 47184901)
Just misinformed (unless that's something they'll be adding to the new site). But as of right now no one can make their payments online - not even packages. The function hasn't been added yet.

So for now, you'll have to call and we'll all have to wait and see if that's something you might be able to do in the future with a room only.

is that what is the issue is? UGH!! I have been trying to make a payment online and everything is just stuck well I guess its time to wait in the phone queue! Thanks for the Info!

p.s. Happy Birthday fellow February one!

rotlex 01-14-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaarcher86 (Post 47184901)
Just misinformed (unless that's something they'll be adding to the new site). But as of right now no one can make their payments online - not even packages. The function hasn't been added yet.

So for now, you'll have to call and we'll all have to wait and see if that's something you might be able to do in the future with a room only.

Thanks God for the DIS! Seriously. I was just on the Disney site looking for a place to make a payment on our August vacation. For the life of me, I couldn't find it! My Disney Experience was fine, but no where could I find a spot to pay for the trip!

Thought is was just me, LOL. Wonder when this will be added? I know it sounds silly, but I generally start paying $500 a month on the Disney Visa, and pay it off the next month until I'm all paid up. Just a "mental" way for me to easily pay for the trip before we leave. :rotfl:

aaarcher86 01-14-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnfr2424 (Post 47185286)
is that what is the issue is? UGH!! I have been trying to make a payment online and everything is just stuck well I guess its time to wait in the phone queue! Thanks for the Info!

p.s. Happy Birthday fellow February one!

Thanks! It's actually March 3, last day of our trip. But I'll take all the happy birthdays I can get! :rotfl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rotlex (Post 47185697)
Thanks God for the DIS! Seriously. I was just on the Disney site looking for a place to make a payment on our August vacation. For the life of me, I couldn't find it! My Disney Experience was fine, but no where could I find a spot to pay for the trip!

Thought is was just me, LOL. Wonder when this will be added? I know it sounds silly, but I generally start paying $500 a month on the Disney Visa, and pay it off the next month until I'm all paid up. Just a "mental" way for me to easily pay for the trip before we leave. :rotfl:

I don't know why they wouldn't have added it to begin with. It's kind of an important feature!

Sue M 01-14-2013 11:21 AM

Epic fail for new web site. We can't even get the new web site in Canada yet. But in the past for room only, you have to phone to make payments. We do this all the time so we are paid in full before arrival.

amos07 01-14-2013 03:27 PM

If your able to get to the old site at all you can make payments online. I just made a payment last week to a package, not sure about room only. I somehow got to the old site by clicking the customize maps link at the bottom of the new site and it put me to the old one and I clicked my reservations and it came up in the old site and I was able to make a payment.

MADnNOLA 01-14-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amos07 (Post 47188736)
If your able to get to the old site at all you can make payments online. I just made a payment last week to a package, not sure about room only. I somehow got to the old site by clicking the customize maps link at the bottom of the new site and it put me to the old one and I clicked my reservations and it came up in the old site and I was able to make a payment.

THIS! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

aaarcher86 01-14-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amos07
If your able to get to the old site at all you can make payments online. I just made a payment last week to a package, not sure about room only. I somehow got to the old site by clicking the customize maps link at the bottom of the new site and it put me to the old one and I clicked my reservations and it came up in the old site and I was able to make a payment.

Couldnt make payments to a room only on the old site either.

MickeyEars 01-14-2013 05:46 PM

I just tried what amos07 suggested above and it worked perfectly!!
I just love the "old" website after fighting with the new one and I was extremely happy to see it!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks amos07 for the helpful tip!!! :goodvibes

Carla

mum2four 01-14-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amos07 (Post 47188736)
If your able to get to the old site at all you can make payments online. I just made a payment last week to a package, not sure about room only. I somehow got to the old site by clicking the customize maps link at the bottom of the new site and it put me to the old one and I clicked my reservations and it came up in the old site and I was able to make a payment.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :worship: You just made my day!!

SplashMtnCrew 01-14-2013 06:58 PM

I will be booking a package by the end of the week. We will be within the 45 day window so I have to pay in full when I book it. So I assume this would still be considered a payment, and I'll have to do it by phone only?? Is that right?:confused3
I appriciate the DIS sooo much! TIA!

amos07 01-15-2013 03:01 PM

Glad I could help! I was desperately trying to figure out how to make a payment during the time people were posting they had 2-3 hour hold times.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.