The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bar/restaurant/public space for watching a football game? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047249)

wickedgood 01-14-2013 08:35 AM

Bar/restaurant/public space for watching a football game?

I'll be in Disney World next weekend while my NE Patriots play in the AFC Championship game. Kickoff is 6:30 on Sunday night. We (2 adults, no children) are staying at the Caribbean Beach resort and plan on spending Sunday morning/afternoon at Animal Kingdom. Is there a place at the Caribbean Beach resort (other than my room) where I could watch? Or should I head somewhere else? This is our first time in Disney World and I'm a little weirded out by the reservation system, so I was thinking of maybe just watching the game on my iPad down by the pool (I hear there is a poolside bar, right?) Any thoughts would be appreciated!

DisneyDivaN 01-14-2013 08:53 AM

The pool bar has a few TV's so you don't have watch on your iPad we were just there last week and they had the games on so no worries !!! GO PATS!!!! Have a blast you will love carribean Beach really laid back. Try to ask for a room near Port Royale that is where the pool is and the food court. I'm a super planner... So if you have any questions shoot, I'd be happy to help. You will def. need reservations for some of the fancier restaurants but with just 2 of you .... You would be fine just walking up and asking for any openings. Especially if you are flexible. Have fun!!!

justcantwait 01-14-2013 09:38 AM

There's also the ESPN club on the Boardwalk. Easy enough to get there from AK, just take the resort bus. More food options for you there, and if the game is over by 9ish, you can see the fireworks from there. Have a great trip, and GO PATS!:cool1:

Kathy

ValDawg 01-14-2013 09:54 AM

If you don't want to watch it at your hotel, just another option is the ESPN Zone restaurant at the Boardwalk. Caribbean Beach is fairly close to Disney's Boardwalk. It has TONS of tv's! I haven't been there, but I peaked in the window while I was down last time and it looked like a 360 degree viewing area in there! Have a great trip, and have fun falling in love with WDW like the rest of us! ;)

ValDawg 01-14-2013 09:56 AM

Sorry I was writing my response, just forgot to hit submit, and when I did justcantwait had already responded with ESPN zone. Sorry!

wickedgood 01-14-2013 10:15 AM

Thanks for the tips! I'd need a reservation for ESPN, correct? I'm trying to check availability on the web site but I keep getting an error message ("A problem occurred while looking for availability. Please try again later.") Will try again later, I guess!

How long would it take me to get from Animal Kingdom to ESPN Club? I honestly have no concept of the actual size of this "World"!

joshiesdad 01-14-2013 10:21 AM

I have watched several games at the ESPN club. Never has a reservation. They do line up outside of the club for games so i would suggest being there early. Your travel time I would allow yourself 20min to a half hour. Depending on how quick you get on the bus.