The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mousekeeping Issues (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047156)

Momto2PrncChrmgs 01-13-2013 11:38 PM

Mousekeeping Issues

Seriously losing patience here-this isn't a POR specific issue, I realize this, but I just pulled the bedspread down and noticed a very large brown stain on the underside of it. A quick smell (gag) revealed urine. Not ours. Im grossed out that I've been sleeping with it the last two nights. We called housekeeping 45 minutes ago and again 15 minutes ago. One woman brought linens, but no spread and said someone would come to make it.

I'm exhausted and getting crankier by the minutesorry, just needed to vent.

eyes4eeyore 01-13-2013 11:42 PM

Oh, not good, at all. My heart goes out to you...hopefully this is fixed very soon. :(

lililoo12 01-13-2013 11:43 PM

When I had an issue like this I demanded a housekeeping manager

lililoo12 01-13-2013 11:44 PM

He was appalled and I got a nice resort credit for my troubles

fall08CP 01-13-2013 11:46 PM

Yes- absolutely ask to speak to a housekeeping manager. It's important that they're aware of the issue.

Momto2PrncChrmgs 01-13-2013 11:49 PM

My husband just marched to the front desk before I read this. We'll see what happens. I just want to go to bed. :(

lililoo12 01-13-2013 11:50 PM

That is vulgar and unsanitary. You should have new sheets and obviously a lazy housekeeper didnt change them. Would they want to sleep in a strangers sheets I think not.

lililoo12 01-13-2013 11:52 PM

Housekeeping is really going downhill at Disney. I have had too many issues with rooms lately and they aren't making me have a magical day.

alecshawn 01-14-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lililoo12 (Post 47183000)
Housekeeping is really going downhill at Disney. I have had too many issues with rooms lately and they aren't making me have a magical day.

Well...clearly...she needed to call and get that issue resolved...but i would ot have smelled the stain...what the heck was that for?:confused:
But...i disagree that housekeeping is going downhill. We go to WDW 1-2 times per year..75% of time stay at value resorts....NO issues. There is also exception to the rule...but the OP issue was clearly an exception.
Not in the case here....but in general...alot of folks are just plain picky compared to times past. Folks are becoming difficult to please..i recon housekeeping is no different. But, i have always thought WDW and still is..very very clean. Rooms also.

lililoo12 01-14-2013 12:46 AM

I go at least 8 times a year and 4 times this year alone had issues. Two major enough that I got a manager and they were so apologetic and took care if the issues

Ds4angels 01-14-2013 12:50 AM

Oh that is just so gross.
Note to self check all linens before using the beds

NicPie 01-14-2013 01:03 AM

I always wonder if hotels wash the covers every time. I know they wash the sheets (well, I'd hope anyway) but I worry that they think that it's not as necessary to clean the cover and you end up with someone's used one.. like the OP just experienced.

Baliezer 01-14-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicPie (Post 47183304)
I always wonder if hotels wash the covers every time. I know they wash the sheets (well, I'd hope anyway) but I worry that they think that it's not as necessary to clean the cover and you end up with someone's used one.. like the OP just experienced.

I agree and do you ever wonder if the drinking glasses actually get washed? I started wondering when I noticed on our last hotel stay, that drinking glasses are not supplied on the maids carts.

alecshawn 01-14-2013 01:30 AM

Look ont he bright side.........urine is sterile.:thumbsup2

NicPie 01-14-2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baliezer (Post 47183345)
I agree and do you ever wonder if the drinking glasses actually get washed? I started wondering when I noticed on our last hotel stay, that drinking glasses are not supplied on the maids carts.

I saw something on Dateline or 20/20 once and it showed maids at some hotels just rinsing them and wiping them off with a towel. :-/ I sure how that's not the norm. That being said.. I don't use their glasses, not unless I bring along some travel dish soap. lol