The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   We leave tomorrow and our dog ran away today (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047133)

Pretty Poly 01-13-2013 09:38 PM

We leave tomorrow and our dog ran away today

I am absolutely beside myself.. I don't know what to do. We leave early in the morning for Miami, and tonight our beloved husky got out while my father was taking the trash out. My parents are staying at our house to dog sit, and she snuck out on him. We've been looking for hours, but when she gets out. she just runs. It's pitch black out there now. She just took off and no one saw which way she went. She's gotten out once before and got hit by a car. I'm sure that it will happen again if she makes it out to the main road.

I have no idea what to do. I'm so upset. :worried: We're going to two 5-day B2B cruises, and there is no possible way that I'm going to enjoy myself with her missing. I'm at a complete loss.

WDWChloe 01-13-2013 09:49 PM

Oh no, I can't imagine :( I'm praying you find her soon!

Feisty Fairy 01-13-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pretty Poly (Post 47182391)
I am absolutely beside myself.. I don't know what to do. We leave early in the morning for Miami, and tonight our beloved husky got out while my father was taking the trash out. My parents are staying at our house to dog sit, and she snuck out on him. We've been looking for hours, but when she gets out. she just runs. It's pitch black out there now. She just took off and no one saw which way she went. She's gotten out once before and got hit by a car. I'm sure that it will happen again if she makes it out to the main road.

I have no idea what to do. I'm so upset. :worried: We're going to two 5-day B2B cruises, and there is no possible way that I'm going to enjoy myself with her missing. I'm at a complete loss.

I know it is difficult. One time we left our dog with a friend and dropped her off a couple hours early. She ran away from our house only to be returned to us by a stranger. I solved that by butting a temporary tag with there address on it. And then we have another dog that constantly runs away given the opportunity. Even when she is the fenced in back yard she digs out. Does she have a tag on? I am sure she will be back home soon. When mine runs away she stays out for hours but when she gets tired she comes back to the front door. We finally fixed that problem though with a cable, stake and padlock. (long story) LOL

I am sure she will be okay.

PrincessShmoo 01-13-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

I'm so sorry. I totally get where you are. We had a friend of my sisters watch my dog while we went to Europe a number of years ago. We dropped her off the afternoon of the night we were flying out. She ran away 2 hours later. It wasn't one of my happiest trips. I'm hoping for a better outcome for you. :hug:

:cutie:

HowFun 01-13-2013 10:54 PM

I'm so sorry! Hoping for the best :hug:

PizzieDuster 01-13-2013 11:06 PM

Any update? I'm so sorry...I hope. I hope your baby is home!

mae5731 01-13-2013 11:06 PM

We have a husky baby as well. Yep, they're runners. Pixiedust pixiedust: that it turns out fine and hugs :hug:.

barbarasc 01-13-2013 11:11 PM

So sorry......she will come home think positive! Maybe she has a boyfriend she wanted to say hello too :confused3 Maybe she knows a good pizza joint and was hungry ::yes:: Don't worry it will be OK! :thumbsup2

Ptwolfman 01-13-2013 11:14 PM

I can imagine what you're going through. Please update us WHEN she comes home. Our prayers are with you

HippieChickadee 01-13-2013 11:18 PM

I hope you have some dedicated family and friends to look for him/her :(

I'd be a wreck too.

:hug: keep us updated

fitmom0f2 01-13-2013 11:25 PM

:tink:
Lots of pixie dust and prayers coming your way, hoping for your dogs safe return soon so that you will have peace of mind on your trip.

CrawfordMomof2 01-14-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ptwolfman (Post 47183115)
I can imagine what you're going through. Please update us WHEN she comes home. Our prayers are with you

Very well put Wolfman! :goodvibes

I can't imagine how hard this must be, but try to stay positive. You can call home from the ship, and when you find out she has returned then all is well! I'm praying for you and for the puppy. :hug:

TLSnell1981 01-14-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

My heart goes out to you. We've had several huskies, they are free spirits...love to run. Hopefully, you've been unable to update and she's back home. :hug:

Mitzzie 01-14-2013 06:42 AM

:(

MND 01-14-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this! I hope he returns home safely.

Mike