The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Favorite Restaurant on the Fantasy (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047067)

MarineFam 01-13-2013 07:42 PM

Favorite Restaurant on the Fantasy

What was your favorite restaurant on the Fantasy? We have been on the Magic twice but this is the first time on the Fantasy....:)

jdb in AZ 01-13-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarineFam (Post 47181005)
What was your favorite restaurant on the Fantasy? We have been on the Magic twice but this is the first time on the Fantasy....:)

Remy

sambycat 01-13-2013 07:55 PM

Remy

MarineFam 01-13-2013 07:55 PM

I have been to Pallo on the Magic and thought it was wonderful and can't imagine that it would get better but that is what I am hearing. What about the rotational restaurants?

jdb in AZ 01-13-2013 08:01 PM

Royal Court on the Fantasy was nicely furnished, right down to the bread baskets shaped like Cinderella's Coach. Would love to bring one of those home (legally.)

Both the Crush show and the Animation show in Animator's Palate were fun -- Disney Imagineering at its finest.

texasgirl73 01-13-2013 08:05 PM

If you take out Remy and Palo, and only include rotational restaurants- my favorite was Royal Court- I had both my favorite dinner (rotational) and favorite lunch there. The food is most important to me. The Animation Magic Show made Animator's Palate the most enjoyable if you take food out of the equation. Enchanted Garden was pretty good but if I had to miss one (on the Fantasy that is) that would be it.

MarineFam 01-13-2013 08:07 PM

Great! thanks for the info. We can't wait to experience this being a different ship there will be so much more. We are taking a first time cruiser family with us too.

magic carpet man 01-21-2013 02:29 PM

I think Enchanted Garden's theme really disappoints, but I suppose is better than Parrot Cay. Animation Magic is by far the best innovation on the Fantasy.

ilovetexas 01-21-2013 02:39 PM

Another vote for Remy!

Of the MDRs: Royal Court, Enchanted Garden then Animators. In that order. However, if traveling with kids, I'd probably reverse the order. The kids would be more impressed with the animation than the elegance of Royal Court.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

kcashner 01-21-2013 02:40 PM

I liked each of them, for different reasons. Animator's is incredible--obviously for the high tech stuff. The animation show is unbelievable. Royal Palace is gorgeous. Enchanted Garden is pretty and more low key. I may have missed the theme lighting change part of it because of where I was sitting, but it was a nice environment. It was MUCH better than Parrot Cay which is way too noisy and just not that attractive.

Royal Palace is neat in that each place you may end up sitting (do enough cruises.....) you'll see something different.

wiigirl 01-21-2013 03:27 PM

Remy

AzMickeyFan 01-21-2013 06:02 PM

They all have different decors and themes. It all depends on your taste and what you want. For me.... if it's on the Fantasy, then it's my favorite!

madduck 01-21-2013 08:29 PM

Not Remy. Give me Palo any day.

Disney Legend 01-21-2013 08:37 PM

I did not go to Palo's or Remy's on my December trip. My favorite place to eat was Cabana's. I will never be a foodie critic but hey, I really liked it.

wdwdmom 01-21-2013 08:50 PM

Madduck, why not Remy?

We leave in a few weeks. I booked Palo, but not Remy because we are not wine/champagne drinkers, so I don't know that we'll get our money's worth.

Please enlighten me.