The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Changing an age on a Reservation? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3047002)

CrawfordMomof2 01-13-2013 07:14 PM

Changing an age on a Reservation?

Hi Everyone!

We booked our cruise for May of 2014 about 2 weeks ago. I was online getting ready to make a payment, when I realized that I messed up. :confused3

My kids will be 8 and 4 when we cruise, but Disney has them down as 8 and 8.

I'm sure with all of the excitement I probably either put the wrong age or DOB down for my youngest child.

Can I call Disney and have that updated? And if I do is there going to be a penalty? I really don't want to have to re-book. I'm going to call them tomorrow (Monday), but I thought you guys might be able to at least give me a heads-up of what to expect before then.

Thanks for your help!

brianvdb 01-13-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 (Post 47179760)
Hi Everyone!

We booked our cruise for May of 2014 about 2 weeks ago. I was online getting ready to make a payment, when I realized that I messed up. :confused3

I'm sure with all of the excitement I probably either put the wrong age or DOB down for my youngest child.

Can I call Disney and have that updated? And if I do is there going to be a penalty? I really don't want to have to re-book. I'm going to call them tomorrow (Monday), but I thought you guys might be able to at least give me a heads-up of what to expect before then.

Thanks for your help!

Shouldn't be a problem... You can change passenger names/DOBs all you want up until 30 days prior to sailing (with the possible exception of the "lead name" on the reservation).

PrincessShmoo 01-13-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 (Post 47179760)
Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your help!

This far out there's no penalties for changes. Just call DCL and tell them you need to fix the age on one of your kids.

:cutie:

CrawfordMomof2 01-13-2013 08:06 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for your answers!

I tried to call Disney just to get it over with, and the anticipated wait time was " over 15 minutes ". I figure it probably doesn't help that it's Sunday evening either. But I will call them in the morning.

Thanks again!:woohoo:

kcashner 01-13-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrawfordMomof2 (Post 47180527)
Thanks for your answers!

I tried to call Disney just to get it over with, and the anticipated wait time was " over 15 minutes ". I figure it probably doesn't help that it's Sunday evening either. But I will call them in the morning.

Thanks again!:woohoo:

Probably have a skeleton crew on tonight. There will be no problem--call in the morning.

neg58 01-13-2013 08:17 PM

They would catch it at check in anyway. I made a mistake (my first one ever) and entered my daughter's birthdate as 1/26 instead of 1/25. When they swiped her passport - ERP ERP ERP! The CM just looked down and said 'wrong birthdate' and that was it. I asked if it could be permanently changed and the response was 'it just was.'

Nancy

PrincessShmoo 01-13-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neg58 (Post 47180671)
They would catch it at check in anyway. I made a mistake (my first one ever) and entered my daughter's birthdate as 1/26 instead of 1/25. When they swiped her passport - ERP ERP ERP! The CM just looked down and said 'wrong birthdate' and that was it. I asked if it could be permanently changed and the response was 'it just was.'

Nancy

Yeah, but that was only by one day. OP has a problem with the age difference by several years. That's something DCL like to know to keep track on the numbers in the Club/Lab space.

shburks 01-14-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

Yeah, but that was only by one day. OP has a problem with the age difference by several years. That's something DCL like to know to keep track on the numbers in the Club/Lab space.

That's true but regardless if the child is 4 or 8 he/she would be in the club/lab.