The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Online dining reservations (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046966)

mitros 01-13-2013 05:14 PM

Online dining reservations
 
Looks like the Disney dining reservations online reservations system is down.....AGAIN. Been 2 days now. Every time I log in, I get the message "Server is busy" Anyone else having a problem with this?

chocovrdmicears 01-13-2013 05:18 PM

I just logged in and was able to make a dining reservation.

mitros 01-13-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears (Post 47178918)
I just logged in and was able to make a dining reservation.

Do you mean just now?

chocovrdmicears 01-13-2013 05:30 PM

yup. When I saw your post I logged in and checked for breakfast availability for 5/25 - came right up. :confused3 Are you getting that far? I can go and try to book something and see if that works?

mitros 01-13-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears (Post 47179087)
yup. When I saw your post I logged in and checked for breakfast availability for 5/25 - came right up. :confused3 Are you getting that far? I can go and try to book something and see if that works?

I get all the way up to the last page of what appears to me to be a new server for making reservations. I get as far as the last page, and I keep getting "the server is busy". I tried a few other random restaurants to see if the same thing occurs, and it does. Not sure what is going on here. Maybe I'll just call the dining number.......:confused:

The date I am making the reservations for is January 24th....

chocovrdmicears 01-13-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitros (Post 47179218)
I get all the way up to the last page of what appears to me to be a new server for making reservations. I get as far as the last page, and I keep getting "the server is busy". I tried a few other random restaurants to see if the same thing occurs, and it does. Not sure what is going on here. Maybe I'll just call the dining number.......:confused:

The date I am making the reservations for is January 24th....

I don't know....are you looking at the new website or the old?
I am on the new website and have no problems making reservations. I wonder if you don't need to clear the cookies on your computer? I am sooo no computer skilled - I hope you can fix it soon!

mitros 01-13-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears (Post 47179284)
I don't know....are you looking at the new website or the old?
I am on the new website and have no problems making reservations. I wonder if you don't need to clear the cookies on your computer? I am sooo no computer skilled - I hope you can fix it soon!

Hey, thanks for the advice. I'm going to try the cookies clearing, but I do not believe that's the problem here. Not sure what's going on. But thanks again! :thumbsup2

mlittig 01-13-2013 06:20 PM

I can't believe that such a huge company like Disney can have such horrible websites :furious:

mitros 01-13-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlittig (Post 47179850)
I can't believe that such a huge company like Disney can have such horrible websites :furious:

Yea, tell me about it.........:(

CalSea12 01-13-2013 06:47 PM

I just made a reservation on the old website, and have been making them over the last couple of days, no issues here.

mitros 01-13-2013 07:06 PM

You know what? Disney should stop playing around with their computer reservation system. Every time they do, they wind up messing something up badly that sometimes takes them weeks to correct.
I tried to make dining reservations on line, to no avail. The site started sending me to old dining reservations from last year! Does Disney hire high school drop outs to run their computer systems?
Anyway, I finally got the reservations by calling the automated system which was still unresponsive to certain queries.
Very frustrating, I have to say. :(:furious:
I guess I should have waited til tomorrow morning and called the Vacation club, and made my reservations that way, as I usually do.......


I don't know, maybe it's just me..:sad:
Perhaps I need to go to computer remedial training!

mitros 01-13-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CalSea12 (Post 47180255)
I just made a reservation on the old website, and have been making them over the last couple of days, no issues here.

How do you make reservations at the "old" website? When I was looking for Disney Dining reservations in the search engines, they all bought me to the new site.

FiggieFan 01-13-2013 09:17 PM

I haven't been able to get to the old site in a couple of weeks, even after clearing cookies and internet history. I was not able to make a reservation in the new website earlier today and had to call - it was saying my zip code and address were wrong with the credit card I entered. I was making a credit card backed ADR.
I did make another one successfully a few hours ago - did the same thing as earlier and didn't have a problem.
I really don't trust this new site - it pulled over several reservations that I cancelled and they are showing up as being booked. I called to confirm that they were in fact cancelled, but I don't have much confidence with all the issues arising.

mitros 01-13-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiggieFan (Post 47182170)
I haven't been able to get to the old site in a couple of weeks, even after clearing cookies and internet history. I was not able to make a reservation in the new website earlier today and had to call - it was saying my zip code and address were wrong with the credit card I entered. I was making a credit card backed ADR.
I did make another one successfully a few hours ago - did the same thing as earlier and didn't have a problem.
I really don't trust this new site - it pulled over several reservations that I cancelled and they are showing up as being booked. I called to confirm that they were in fact cancelled, but I don't have much confidence with all the issues arising.

THANK YOU! I thought I was the only one with these problems. Doesn't Disney run tests on their systems BEFORE they open it to the public??:confused3:worried:

showers2flowers 01-13-2013 11:24 PM

The website is next to useless these days it seems. However, I did have luck making and cancelling reservations using the My Disney Experience app on my phone. If it's a credit card hold reservation though, I don't think you can do it. Hope that helps someone :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.