The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Just finished watching the Dream embarkation! (LOL) (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046946)

WDWChloe 01-13-2013 04:44 PM

Just finished watching the Dream embarkation! (LOL)

Okay, first off, no offense to avid Carnival or RC cruisers. I love RC but still found this quite entertaining...

This evening while watching the Port Canaveral Webcam, I couldn't help but notice the differences [in sail away celebrations] between the Carnival Sensation, RC's Freedom of the Seas & the Disney Dream.

Carnival Sensation - About 1 out of 30/40 people were actually waving & a handful of kids seen (including one that was laying her head on the railing! :lmao:) Nothing seemed to be going on topdeck...

RC Freedom of the Seas - Beautiful ship! About 1/2 the guests seen were waving, had a few homemade signs, kids waving, dancing topdeck. Very lively!

And last but certainly not least...
Disney Dream- Almost everyone was waving :rotfl:
colorful lights going, jumping & dancing topdeck, lots of kids AND adults enthusiastically waving... the AquaDuck was even running, with guests waving through that!

:rotfl2:

Disney has the prettiest ships and the happiest cruisers! :cutie:

This was my first time watching the Webcam, I definitely want to watch this again next week!

TheHannas 01-13-2013 05:54 PM

I know exactly what you mean. I usually watch every Sunday and notice the differences.. it just shows how Disney gets the party going as soon as you board!!

Rylee 01-13-2013 06:48 PM

If you watched the Disney Dream today, then you saw my daughter and her fiance waving to us as we watched the webcam sitting here in NY.

I wish I was there with them!

(She was on her phone talking to us, jumping up and down while waving a scarf. BF was beside her with both arms up in the air. Honestly never expected to see a close-up of them.)

violetmonarch 01-13-2013 06:51 PM

When is the best time to jump on the webcam for PC and watch? I seem to keep missing the departures and arrivals, lol.;)

2BusyPlanning 01-13-2013 06:54 PM

I watch Saturday AND Sunday, starting at 4:45pm eastern. I love watching them set sail!

becpee 01-13-2013 06:59 PM

I noticed that when we were on the Fantasy last year, the Carnival cruise ship (not sure which one) just chugged off quietly, no fanfare, nothing.
Disney just take it to a whole other level pixiedust:

bitlerzx4 01-13-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rylee (Post 47180267)
If you watched the Disney Dream today, then you saw my daughter and her fiance waving to us as we watched the webcam sitting here in NY.

(She was on her phone talking to us, jumping up and down while waving a scarf. BF was beside her with both arms up in the air. Honestly never expected to see a close-up of them.)

We saw her. I said LOOK she is on the phone and the person she is talking too just told her they see her!! LOL!! Green looking scarf?

bitlerzx4 01-13-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by violetmonarch (Post 47180325)
When is the best time to jump on the webcam for PC and watch? I seem to keep missing the departures and arrivals, lol.;)

They announce the schedule on their facebook.

allears 01-13-2013 08:23 PM

Which web cam lets you see that much detail?

Tigger1313 01-13-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rylee (Post 47180267)

I saw her too, I just thinking what a smart person to have a wave a scarf so people would notice her. How fun :thumbsup2

Rylee 01-13-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitlerzx4 (Post 47180566)
We saw her. I said LOOK she is on the phone and the person she is talking too just told her they see her!! LOL!! Green looking scarf?

YES, :yay: that was her!

About 10 minutes before, she sent us a picture text of where she was standing and the scarf she would be waving. I thought, Oh honey, we'll never be able to find you, we'll just be able to see just the ship.

When she called and was asking, "Can you see me," we were like, "No... no... no... YES!

It was exciting to see them off. Technology is cool.

She gets a 7 day vacation, and we got her Morkie for a week. Cute, but he's a PITA, he's so spoiled!

WDWChloe 01-13-2013 09:23 PM

I saw her too!!! So cute :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by allears
Which web cam lets you see that much detail?

I linked it in my OP ;)
It pans out while ships are docked, but on their way out of the port it zooms in on the top deck!

allears 01-13-2013 10:15 PM

Very cool, thanks!

kristinanderic 01-13-2013 11:21 PM

There is a picture of your daughter on their Facebook page showing her waving her green scarf, lol.

Rylee 01-14-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristinanderic (Post 47183143)
There is a picture of your daughter on their Facebook page showing her waving her green scarf, lol.

Thanks. I'll share it to her facebook so she can see it when she gets back.