The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ll Mulino at the Swan? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046736)

DisneyMom2Boyz 01-13-2013 10:52 AM

ll Mulino at the Swan?

Can anybody tell me any pros or conns about this resturant? We're going on our annual Disney vacation this year and would like to try somewhere new. We have eatten at Tutto Italia and I felt it was ok but nothing great. I was thinking of ll Mulino at the swan to "venture out". We will not be on the disney dinning plan. Can anybody give me any information about this resturant? Good or bad welcomed. Any pictures even better! Also someone mentioned
Portobello, but i never seem to hear much about here either. Thank you.

GrumpySue 01-13-2013 11:20 AM

Awesome restaurant - fantastic food. Have been many times and always leave happy. :thumbsup2

TDC Nala 01-13-2013 11:30 AM

Great place. Another hint, because it's not a Disney restaurant they will do some things that Disney restaurants won't do - like half orders.

DisneyMom2Boyz 01-13-2013 12:59 PM

Thanks. Sounds worth a try. Keep the responses coming please. Can anyone tell me what you ate and liked or didn't like? Any pictures?:):

Pakey 01-13-2013 01:36 PM

Il Mulino is our go to romantic dinner restaurant. It's nice and grown up and warm and cozy. They have a excellent wine list. You will get an amuse Bouche which is a nice touch.

My most recent meal was 2 weeks ago and I had the mushroom risotto which was very good; easily split between two people.

DisneyMom2Boyz 01-13-2013 03:27 PM

Thank you, I didn't think they would let you split meals. I have 2kids that aren't big eatters.

Keep the posts coming please!

jwfla422 01-13-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyMom2Boyz (Post 47176169)
Thanks. Sounds worth a try. Keep the responses coming please. Can anyone tell me what you ate and liked or didn't like? Any pictures?:):

Love Il Mulino.:thumbsup2 I have some photos and a review up on my dining review website if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/i...o-new-york.htm

(Probably one of the best Italian restaurants on property-Haven't been to Tutto Italia to make a fair comparison, but have been to Portobello which doesn't compare). In my review you will read the pros and cons. The only con really was where we were seated which was a fluke and you can always change that otherwise EXCELLENT food and SUPERIOR service.:thumbsup2

DisneyMom2Boyz 01-13-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwfla422 (Post 47177807)
Love Il Mulino.:thumbsup2 I have some photos and a review up on my dining review website if you'd like to check it out:

http://www.disneydiningreviews.com/i...o-new-york.htm

(Probably one of the best Italian restaurants on property-Haven't been to Tutto Italia to make a fair comparison, but have been to Portobello which doesn't compare). In my review you will read the pros and cons. The only con really was where we were seated which was a fluke and you can always change that otherwise EXCELLENT food and SUPERIOR service.:thumbsup2

Thankyou for the review. Great job on your review website. I think its so great that people take the time to do this! And so helpful to someone like me!:banana:

dischic89 01-13-2013 04:07 PM

We ate there once and thought it was very good. Ended up getting a bottle of wine and dessert. They did have half orders, but we were persuaded by the waitress to get the full order (worked for us because we could take the leftovers home, but stick with the half if you aren't a big eater/don't want leftovers). I really just enjoyed how the restaurant felt too...like a nice restaurant in a city versus a nice Disney restaurant (like Tutto).

DisneyMom2Boyz 01-13-2013 06:40 PM

Thank you for the info. I read about half portions, but not sure if its just for the pasta dishes? I'm ready to try a new resturant.......keep it coming!
Thanks!:cool1:

Figee17 01-13-2013 06:59 PM

we really enjoy it. and

Figee17 01-13-2013 07:02 PM

we really enjoy it. and...
sorry, 2.5 year old mashing buttons on the keyboard again, lol.
like others have said, I little different feel than "disney". we love the board walk area and the chance to eat somewhere a little different. also, if you happen to have tables in wonderland, it is accepted there!

Figee17 01-13-2013 07:03 PM

one more thing...my very particular husband asked for something that wasn't really on the menu but they created it for him anyways and he loves it and always requests going back whenever we are in wdw.

DisneyMom2Boyz 01-13-2013 07:22 PM

Thankyou for your input. I don't have the TIW card....

ElizabethB 01-14-2013 06:33 AM

Il Mulino is one of our favorites. We have never had anything there that was not first rate in quality and delicious. We like that 1/2 orders of the pasta dishes are available. Their wine list is excellent. And, they come around with complimentary limoncello to finish off the meal.

The only negative, IMO, is it is something of a busy trattoria atmosphere, which means it's not terribly conducive to quiet romantic dining. But, there are some side rooms that are a bit quieter and we are willing to put up with some noise because the food and wine are terrific.