The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   buckets n boards (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046437)

dclpluto 01-12-2013 05:54 PM

buckets n boards

just got off the fantasy today and seen buckets n boards for the first time. my wife and I thought they were terrible not dcl quality. but a lot of people seem to like them. the cruise director say they are the most requested variety act on dcl. I been on 13 dcl cruises and loved every comedian,magacian ,etc until this. so am i in the minority or do other people agree with me? dcl had them on 3 days in a row the first night during the welcome aboard show the second night in a adult only show and the third night in the main show. I did not see the main show since i didnt like them the other 2 times.

canadiandisneyfamof4 01-12-2013 05:55 PM

They weren't horrible, but I wasn't a big fan. Saw them on the Fantasy last September.

allears 01-12-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dclpluto (Post 47169593)
just got off the fantasy today and seen buckets n boards for the first time. my wife and I thought they were terrible not dcl quality. but a lot of people seem to like them. the cruise director say they are the most requested variety act on dcl. I been on 13 dcl cruises and loved every comedian,magacian ,etc until this. so am i in the minority or do other people agree with me? dcl had them on 3 days in a row the first night during the welcome aboard show the second night in a adult only show and the third night in the main show. I did not see the main show since i didnt like them the other 2 times.

That's why Baskin Robbins has so many flavors, everyone's taste are different and you can't make everyone happy. We saw B&B on our cruise last year for the first time and loved them!! Kinda hoping they will be on the Fantasy when we sail next month! If they weren't DCL quality they wouldn't continue to use them.

PrincessShmoo 01-12-2013 06:02 PM

We saw them on one of our MR cruises. I enjoyed them.

:cutie:

lbgraves 01-12-2013 08:00 PM

That is one act we have not seen, but have heard many good things about. We have seen some acts on DCL that were horrible though.

tajz90 01-12-2013 08:06 PM

We really enjoyed them.

Their adult show was lacking adult, but other than that, they left me with a smile.

I'd say I rate them behind Mike Super and Jeff Civillico who are my top two favorite acts.

Cruise 01-12-2013 09:43 PM

I really enjoyed them a great deal. I thought they were actually one of the better shows that was on the 14 day Panama Canal cruise... and there were a lot of shows on that one. We talked to them after the show as well and they were genuinely nice guys.

On the other hand, there are some of the acts that are apparently "much requested" that I don't really like that much. To each their own, I guess.

CAlvarez 01-12-2013 10:04 PM

I was on the same cruise as OP. We thought they were great on the welcome aboard show and we saw their other shows. After their family show thy seemed to have a bunch of guests in line for pics. My kids took one with them and said they were their fav show

MagicMe 01-12-2013 10:20 PM

Saw them on our cruise last September and we enjoyed them. We also talked to them after and my 81 year old mom insisted on giving them each a kiss on the cheek cause she thought they were so good.

paddles 01-13-2013 07:29 AM

My kids really liked them. I enjoyed their show for about 20 mins and then thought it got a little tired and lame.

bats 01-13-2013 07:52 AM

We saw them sat year too and liked them. We went to the adult show and although it wasn't very adult, that didn't matter to us. There were a few comments that were adult but it was general chit chat and funny.
Very clever guys and very friendly.

momof2minnies 01-13-2013 08:02 AM

We were on this Fantasy cruise as well and all 8 of us could have watched them every night-they are hilarious!!!!!!!

Linda

jedijill 01-13-2013 10:17 AM

I loved them! Thought they were funny and genuinely nice people as well. I ran into one of them a couple of times on an elevator. Of course, I would expect nothing less from folks from my home state of Missouri. :)

Jill in CO

NurseDave 01-13-2013 10:56 AM

Looking forward to seeing this group, hope we have them!

DLW8 01-13-2013 11:54 AM

We saw BnB on our September cruise and absolutely loved them! This was definitely a favorite for DH and I as well as our kids.

Unfortunately, I had to leave their longer show a bit early for our group's mixology class....