The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Half board option - please help, booking now and confused! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046334)

ailish 01-12-2013 03:03 PM

Half board option - please help, booking now and confused!

We are planning on going in June half board - 2 adults, 2 kids but one child is under 3 so isnt included when we select the half board option.

Does anyone know what happens when we go for meals as obviously she will need fed and dont want to go half board for rest of us and spend a fortune on her?:confused3

Thanks - booking tonight hopefully so a quick reply would eb brilliant.

Thanks again

bumbershoot 01-12-2013 03:09 PM

Does "half board" mean the quick service dining plan?

Kids under 3 can eat off parents' plates, in general.

MarkF0wle 01-12-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailish (Post 47167987)
We are planning on going in June half board - 2 adults, 2 kids but one child is under 3 so isnt included when we select the half board option.

Does anyone know what happens when we go for meals as obviously she will need fed and dont want to go half board for rest of us and spend a fortune on her?:confused3

Thanks - booking tonight hopefully so a quick reply would eb brilliant.

Thanks again

I don't know I understand what you get for half-board, but that aside. Generally those under 3 can share of off plates at the table for no extra charge. But if you order a meal just for them it will not be covered by the plan.

If I am wrong I am sure somebody will jump in & correct me.

minnie mum 01-12-2013 05:48 PM

"Half board" is not a term that is used in the US or at WDW. You will have to explain what that includes (as you understand it) compared to the QSDP or the DDP. Then we can help you with more definitive answers.

purple figment 01-12-2013 06:27 PM

Are you planning to book a trip to the United States (Disney World or Disney land in California) or a trip to Disneyland Paris. I know Paris has the half board plan, but as minnie mum says - it's not a term used in the United States so we would need a clearer description of what meals would be included.

Cheshire Figment 01-12-2013 11:47 PM

The "half-board" at Disneyland Paris has no equivalent at WDW, especially as the Paris entitlements are affected by the Hotel you are staying in.

TDC Nala 01-13-2013 08:01 AM

As it appears this post is regarding an option available at Disneyland Paris, moving to the Disneyland Paris board.

HFJohnson 01-13-2013 08:23 AM

If you eat at buffet restaurants then your 3 year old can have their own plate for free. For table service restaurants what you get seems to vary though, with under 3s mostly being offered something like a plate of chips or rice. I've never done it though so don't speak from experience.

BTW the hotel you stay in doesn't affect the dining plan you have. You can stay at the DLH and have a standard or plus dining plan if you want to, or vice versa.

DLPdaft 01-13-2013 10:19 AM

Are you sure you want a dining plan at DLP? They are restrictive and they're not really good value for money anymore.

disney_rocks_86 01-13-2013 12:17 PM

We have used to half board plus option last year for adults and our 2 year old at the time - they get some food for free some Just chips and a drink - but in cafe Mickey a full children's meal
For free, we got half board last time and now for our next trip in march as it means that all food is paid for pretty much as that's what costs a heck of a lot when you get there. On the meal plan its a full 3 course meal (half board plus) plus drink and is a lot of food so we use them most for lunch (late - after a big SL breakfast) then had a snack for tea. They don't work for everyone but they work for us!

mickeymouse11 01-13-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLPdaft (Post 47174663)
Are you sure you want a dining plan at DLP? They are restrictive and they're not really good value for money anymore.

Dont you think there good value? i was thinking about getting the plus meal plan. The must places i want to eat are Inventions, Cafe Mickey and Auberge and i'll use them at face value there.

Is the current price still 31E half board plus?

DLPdaft 01-13-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeymouse11 (Post 47177615)
Dont you think there good value? i was thinking about getting the plus meal plan. The must places i want to eat are Inventions, Cafe Mickey and Auberge and i'll use them at face value there.

Is the current price still 31E half board plus?

if you're using them at face value, you'd be better just not bothering and paying for the whole meal when you're there, wouldn't you? I mean you're not saving a penny doing that are you :confused3?

kizzabel 01-13-2013 03:31 PM

I'll jump on the band wagon here and say I think they are good value.
Its great to have your meals already paid for and lets be honest that is the most expensive part of a holiday at DLP.

I find if you use them at face value then you arent restricted to having to eat off the set menu and also having to eat 3 courses. Yes you will have to put money with them at the dearer places but they are as cost effective as you make them.

I find I'm watching the pennies if I havent got meal vouchers, saying that this time we have a meal budget plan done out (with huge help from Disboards restaurant review threads) and we'll see how this works out. I'm an impulse spender though anyway so it'll be interesting!

DLPdaft 01-13-2013 03:36 PM

kizzabel don't you have an AP, so you'd get meal discount of 10% anyway :)? Or have I got you mixed up with someone else?

eta - are you a shareholder too? Isn't your 15% shareholders discount better than any meal plan vouchers saving?

kizzabel 01-13-2013 03:40 PM

Yes I do Elaine (and a SHC thats getting its final use far too soon for my liking :( ) but I meant before I had the AP I found the meal plans were great, especially if you are budget conscious or going for the 1st time. I remember the initial shock at meal prices :scared1:
I think it gives you more freedom with your spending money.