The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Just back from Port Orleans French Quarter... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046244)

ciera321 01-12-2013 12:13 PM

Just back from Port Orleans French Quarter...
 
We just returned from our first stay at POFQ. We've stayed at almost all of the other Disney resorts except for the values, just Pop in that category.

I went with the assumption that it would be OK, that we were only there for a short 6 night stay and we could go back to our favorites next time. Well, we absolutely loved it!!! After staying at some of the largest Disney resorts, we found the size of this resort to be perfect. The word that kept coming to mind was quaint. The narrow streets, all the ironwork, the various colors on the buildings, it was a very pleasant surprise. I had requested building 5 and we looked out onto the area they play the nightly movies, room 5343. This was a wonderful location, close to everything. My DH would go down to get coffee every morning and round trip from our door and back was 4 minutes! The boat ride to DTD was a perk we enjoyed when we stayed at POR, and used it 3 times.

One evening we went over to Riverside to see Bob Jackson. We saw him a few years back and he seemed even more energetic this trip. I really don't know how he keeps that level, but he is absolutely great entertainer! :goodvibes I can't wait to plan our next trip to POFQ!!!

mlittig 01-12-2013 12:22 PM

I totally agree with your description that the French Quarter is a quaint, lovely resort :love:

carrie1626 01-12-2013 02:03 PM

Me too.
I'm almost positive my next planned trip will be at a MODERATE resort and I want to go back to POFQ becaused I loved it that much!!;)

sambisc 01-12-2013 04:25 PM

we're going in 2 weeks and i can't wait!

Sue M 01-12-2013 05:36 PM

Thanks for your review. We will be there in 10 days, and am looking forward to trying FQ. I requested building 4 or 5. Glad to hear its a good location. :thumbsup2

ciera321 01-12-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue M (Post 47169449)
Thanks for your review. We will be there in 10 days, and am looking forward to trying FQ. I requested building 4 or 5. Glad to hear its a good location. :thumbsup2

We requested 5 or 6 because I noticed on the map that those 2 buildings were close to the bus stop, but we wouldn't get a parking lot view. View isn't THAT important to me, but I thought it might be nice to have the river or gardens to look at. We would absolutely request building 5 next time. Have a great time and enjoy FQ! :)

ciera321 01-12-2013 07:07 PM

Have fun, and I hope you enjoy FQ as much as we did!
Quote:

Originally Posted by sambisc (Post 47168767)
we're going in 2 weeks and i can't wait!


mom2taylorandemily 01-12-2013 08:31 PM

We are excited to give another try! Didn't care too much for POR, too big for us, and we don't like the AB section so the Pref. there doesn't work. We do like CBR and the size there doesn't bother us because we book Pref. Thanks for the review, makes us even more excited!!!!

DodgerMessa 01-12-2013 09:09 PM

Thank you for the post. We will be there this Saturday 😊😊😊

Sue M 01-12-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciera321 (Post 47170225)
We requested 5 or 6 because I noticed on the map that those 2 buildings were close to the bus stop, but we wouldn't get a parking lot view. View isn't THAT important to me, but I thought it might be nice to have the river or gardens to look at. We would absolutely request building 5 next time. Have a great time and enjoy FQ! :)

We booked a garden view too, and 4 & 5, I saw were close to food court, pool/hot tub, and bus stop? I'm packing :goodvibes

mlittig 01-12-2013 11:14 PM

We loved building 5 and have had river view rooms and garden view rooms :love:

ciera321 01-14-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2taylorandemily (Post 47171080)
We are excited to give another try! Didn't care too much for POR, too big for us, and we don't like the AB section so the Pref. there doesn't work. We do like CBR and the size there doesn't bother us because we book Pref. Thanks for the review, makes us even more excited!!!!

We kind of felt that way about POR, that's why I was expecting to move back to CSR after our FQ stay. But we were very pleasantly surprised and couldn't have liked it more. One thing I forgot to mention was that the noise level at POFQ was about 0 when we were there. We had people on both sides of us and we never heard a bit of noise from them, or from anyone walking by our door. Plus our mousekeeper, Ofelia, kept our room spotless. Just loved it!!!

HuskerFaninIL 01-14-2013 10:10 AM

How long would you say the walk from POFQ to POR is? We are planning on one of the PO in November and I'm not sold on either one yet, but your post is pushing me to POFQ as long as walking to POR is fairly short.

We stayed at OKW last time and I loved the boat to DTD, so relaxing and so much easier than trying to get there by bus.

runswithscissors 01-14-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuskerFaninIL
How long would you say the walk from POFQ to POR is? We are planning on one of the PO in November and I'm not sold on either one yet, but your post is pushing me to POFQ as long as walking to POR is fairly short.

We stayed at OKW last time and I loved the boat to DTD, so relaxing and so much easier than trying to get there by bus.

For us, two adults and a 7-year old, it took ten minutes to walk from POFQ to POR. The walk is lovely, both during the day or at night. Highly recommend POFQ if you're looking for a mod.

AppleSister1 01-14-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ciera321 (Post 47166657)
We just returned from our first stay at POFQ. We've stayed at almost all of the other Disney resorts except for the values, just Pop in that category.

I went with the assumption that it would be OK, that we were only there for a short 6 night stay and we could go back to our favorites next time. Well, we absolutely loved it!!! After staying at some of the largest Disney resorts, we found the size of this resort to be perfect. The word that kept coming to mind was quaint. The narrow streets, all the ironwork, the various colors on the buildings, it was a very pleasant surprise. I had requested building 5 and we looked out onto the area they play the nightly movies, room 5343. This was a wonderful location, close to everything. My DH would go down to get coffee every morning and round trip from our door and back was 4 minutes! The boat ride to DTD was a perk we enjoyed when we stayed at POR, and used it 3 times.

One evening we went over to Riverside to see Bob Jackson. We saw him a few years back and he seemed even more energetic this trip. I really don't know how he keeps that level, but he is absolutely great entertainer! :goodvibes I can't wait to plan our next trip to POFQ!!!

Our sentiments are absolutely the same. We tend to stay Deluxe, our fav being YC, but since we'd taken mulitple trips this year, and this last trip was for Christmas week, we decided to try POFQ. And we LOVED IT! Loved it so much we booked the bounceback and we'll return for the nephews' April vacation. The size, the tranquility, the themeing, the boat to DTD, the transportation...we loved it all.

Maybe we'll see you there one of these days! :wave2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.