The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Desserts!? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046235)

jsgrand0 01-12-2013 11:41 AM

Desserts!?

Ok...since we have the DP, we eat way too many desserts, but what do you all think are the best?
Can anyone tell me where all I can find chocolate Mousse desserts? I have already tracked down everywhere that serves creme brulee...
I loved the little mousse oreos at CM, but we thought the food was horrible, so we aren't going back there. Do they have them anywhere else?
Also, I heard mention of a chocolate mousse brownie?? anyone know where this is? Thanks so much! and of course, pictures are welcome!

Daisydd77 01-12-2013 12:29 PM

The two most memorable deserts from our last trip were both from Kona. There was a great creme brle and another that was ice cream in a waffle cone that had cotton candy, gummies and m&ms. It was a fun desert that our entire family enjoyed!

purple figment 01-12-2013 03:43 PM

To search for chocolate mousse run your cursor over the "Dining" tab on the blue bar at the top of this page and click on "Menus" on the drop down bar. Scroll down the page to "Select by Description Keyword" and type in Chocolate Mousse. For an even bigger choice just type in mousse. All the choices on the menus on the wdwinfo site will come up.

My favorite desserts are the Almond Covered Cheesecake at Narcoossee's, the Coppa di Brutti ma Buoni (Ugly, but Good) Sundae at Via Napoli, ginger ice cream at the China stand, the One Last Cup (coffee mousse) at Jiko, Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern, and the Dunbrody Kiss at Raglan Road. Also the Cloudberry Horn at Kringla and pretty much any of the pastries, including the choc mousse, at the Patisserie.

jmcghee2024 01-12-2013 03:46 PM

Have you tried the Zebra domes? They remind me of the oreo things from CM a little.

Claire&TheBoys 01-12-2013 03:55 PM

I like the chocolate "moose" at Le Cellier. It's a moose of mousse!

I agree with the PP who mentioned the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at Liberty Tree Tavern - delicious! But only available at lunch.

I had incredible creme puffs with gelato and chocolate sauce at Tutto Italia the first time we ate there, but the next time they weren't on the menu. I haven't checked lately, but that was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

mlittig 01-12-2013 05:00 PM

The French Bakery in Epcot has great chocolate mousse and it is still on the new menu since they expanded :banana:

Ro Z 01-12-2013 07:10 PM

I am not sure where you can get good mousse, but I will say that the CS mousse is not great. IMHO!

kam1011 01-12-2013 07:16 PM

My favorite dessert is at Liberty Tree Tavern!

amypetecar 01-12-2013 08:00 PM

I love the signature restaurants that serve 3 desserts per dessert order.

California grill and bistro de paris both did tat and it was amazing!

IllinoisMommy 01-12-2013 08:50 PM

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake at LTT was amazing :lovestruc

IllinoisMommy 01-12-2013 08:51 PM

Can I add another??? Cupcakes at Starring Rolls at DHS. We tried gingerbread (Seasonal), Red Velvet, Peanut Butter and M&M Brownie (not a cupcake but still great).

PoohsFan1 01-12-2013 08:56 PM

I love the mousse from the French bakery and the chocolate "moose" from Le Cellier.

Three cats 01-12-2013 09:12 PM

The pumpkin cheesecake at Citricos was incredible!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GiJohnsGirl 01-12-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ro Z
I am not sure where you can get good mousse, but I will say that the CS mousse is not great. IMHO!

Yes! That stuff is gross and cheesecake isn't much better. I'm a baker so I have higher standards than the average bear.

poly princess 01-12-2013 09:17 PM

Chefs de France has a wonderful chocolate mousse.
That also have a wonderful profiterole with chocolate sauce.

Enjoy!
Polyprincess: