The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ? about the Fantasmic Dinner Package... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046175)

G8r4evr 01-12-2013 11:12 AM

? about the Fantasmic Dinner Package...

I just reserved the dinner package at MM, but it didnt give me any prices. Do we order from the full menu with the package, or is it a limited menu at a set price? Also, how much is the reserved seating for Fanatsmic add on? Im so confused.....I have no idea how much of our budget to reserve for this event. Thanks!

minnie mum 01-12-2013 11:20 AM

The prices for the MM f. dining package can be found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

It is a set fee for the entire package. You order from the regular menu and will get an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. You will receive the voucher for your reserved seating at the end of the meal. I believe that a few months ago they changed the way dessert is served. Instead of ordering dessert from the menu, they bring a sampler platter for the whole table.

Just to be clear- you must reserve the F. Dining Package. You cannot make a regular ADR for a MM meal and then hope to pay extra for the seating.

MrRomance 01-12-2013 11:22 AM

I don't know if it's changed - someone else might be able to confirm - but when we did the Fantasmic Dinner Package, we had to book the package not just a reservation at the restaurant. We did H&V and it was a couple of years ago, but I don't think you just make a reservation, I think you tell them ahead of time that you want the package because they only have a set amount of the Dinner Package Tickets available.

G8r4evr 01-12-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRomance (Post 47165731)
I don't know if it's changed - someone else might be able to confirm - but when we did the Fantasmic Dinner Package, we had to book the package not just a reservation at the restaurant. We did H&V and it was a couple of years ago, but I don't think you just make a reservation, I think you tell them ahead of time that you want the package because they only have a set amount of the Dinner Package Tickets available.

Im pretty sure I booked both online. I dont remember seeing it before, so maybe its new?

Mama Melroses Lunch Fantasmic
Date: Friday, January 25, 2013Time: 3:10 PMGuests: 3 Adults Modify Guests Location: Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano - Streets of America - Disney's Hollywood Studios®Guaranteed by Credit Card Opens tool tip. Beginning of tooltip contentEnd of tooltip content

G8r4evr 01-12-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnie mum (Post 47165711)
The prices for the MM f. dining package can be found here: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/fantasmic.htm

It is a set fee for the entire package. You order from the regular menu and will get an appetizer, entree, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage. You will receive the voucher for your reserved seating at the end of the meal. I believe that a few months ago they changed the way dessert is served. Instead of ordering dessert from the menu, they bring a sampler platter for the whole table.

Just to be clear- you must reserve the F. Dining Package. You cannot make a regular ADR for a MM meal and then hope to pay extra for the seating.

Thank you so much! I didnt realize the Fantasmic ticket was included in the meal price? That makes me feel so much better about the cost. No wonder the menu looked so pricey. $$ So for 2 adults and 1 child. We will get a full meal + a reserved seat for $35-$50 a piece? :) Are the seats pretty good?

MrRomance 01-12-2013 11:32 AM

The seating we had was to the right of the arena, it was the second block over from the right so you're not central but there isn't really a "bad" seat in there. As long as you booked the Dinner Package you should be fine. :thumbsup2

G8r4evr 01-12-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrRomance (Post 47165818)
The seating we had was to the right of the arena, it was the second block over from the right so you're not central but there isn't really a "bad" seat in there. As long as you booked the Dinner Package you should be fine. :thumbsup2

So excited! I havent seen Fantasmic in 10 years! Really hoping our soon to be 5 year old loves it. Thank you! :cool1:

amypetecar 01-12-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G8r4evr

Thank you so much! I didnt realize the Fantasmic ticket was included in the meal price? That makes me feel so much better about the cost. No wonder the menu looked so pricey. $$ So for 2 adults and 1 child. We will get a full meal + a reserved seat for $35-$50 a piece? :) Are the seats pretty good?

The seats arent great, but are ok if you show up at 30 minutes prior to showtime and try to get as close to the rope as possible.

SabresFan 01-12-2013 10:07 PM

The seating is to the far right of the amphitheater. The best views are from seats in the center, but to get those you have to get in line 2+ hours before the show starts. The biggest advantage of the Fantasmic! package is you can arrive 20 minutes before show time and still get a seat - not the best seat in the house but still a decent one (keep in mind the capacity of the entire place is about 10,000).

Of course, all meals at Disney are pricey - the Fantasmic! package is no more or less pricey than the other meals in the park. Personally, anything I can do to reduce my time spent standing in lines is well worth it, so I have never seen Fantasmic! without getting the package.

Also, Fantasmic! can be intense for little ones - just about every Disney villain that there ever was makes an appearance - so you may not want to sit super close to the action any way.

Tinker'n'Fun 01-12-2013 11:26 PM

When we went in December the area was move closer to the center, so yes they were good seats. You still have to get there at least 45 minutes prior as it does fill up (well this depends on if there is one or two shows and the time of the year). Also at MM you DO NOT get to pick a dessert anymore. You are given a sample tray of the desserts they serve.

We ordered our meal off the regular menu and received an appetizer and entree.

Mom2six 01-13-2013 02:32 AM

Is this package on the dining plan or just OOP?

CalSea12 01-13-2013 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2six (Post 47172743)

I was told my a CM that it is on the dining plan but not QSDP, and its 1 TS credit.

purple figment 01-13-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2six (Post 47172743)

1 TS credit for MM or Hollywood & Vine

2 TS credits for Hollywood Brown Derby

G8r4evr 01-13-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinker'n'Fun (Post 47172043)
When we went in December the area was move closer to the center, so yes they were good seats. You still have to get there at least 45 minutes prior as it does fill up (well this depends on if there is one or two shows and the time of the year). Also at MM you DO NOT get to pick a dessert anymore. You are given a sample tray of the desserts they serve.

We ordered our meal off the regular menu and received an appetizer and entree.

It looks like there is only 1 show they day we we are going. DD does not stand in line well. Even if we arrive right before the show, we are still guaranteed a seat, right?

Red_Rider 01-13-2013 09:43 AM

Wow, I didn't realize the package was only 1 TS credit, that's pretty good considering you get an appetizer and desert as well :)