The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Events/Competition (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3046158)

WaDiWo 01-12-2013 09:34 AM

OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!
 
Hi all!

While we cheer on each other for this year's 2013 Walt Disney World marathon weekend, let's not forget that ONE YEAR from today, January 12, 2014, will be the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon! :cool1:

Let the countdown start now. We have one year to prepare mentally, spiritually, and physically. We can do this. Who's in?

Here's who we have so far:

2014 WDW Marathon Weekend DISers:
UPDATE: Due to the overwhelming response of so many runners, I haven't been able to keep up with this list! great to see a lot of us running!. good luck to all runners and thank you to all supporters!

WaDiWo, 5intexas and DH, budillon, mathrockskallen and DH, sonnyuq and DH, sirabe76, Sarah_Rose, fashionista311, limabeanmom2003 + DH, StarGirl11, El&Asmom, Mama3Princess, sissy_ib, coco392 + DW, RichieTruxillo + DW, crowland87, kat7878 + DH, robert 31320, helloirishkitty, dburg30, dana211, Nole95, ucfsweetie82, mickeysgal, francine57, carissanboys, eelkmj01, JimB., dburg30, Aw_Phooey, Dagny + DH, John_VN, DOOM1001, edoyle7185, disney4m4ever, spphilbrick, goofeygirl, lerxt, FloridaNative8, MapleGirl, liznboys, nemmie, DLR29, drummerwife, bmer1rick, coco392, mickeyncldkd + DW, Nayrb, megny + DH, MPD, Embroidery Grandma (John VN's DW!), camandjacksmom, Mickeyfan74, cobbler, autoracepr989, Beast2Prince, dumbo_buddy, CRUIZEN MAMMA, buckeycinderella, + DH, beachta1, Ketwinn + DH, dlbwright, sunnygal041, Phdmam06, DisneyParrothead, dakotix, dismagiclover, steves1019, myweegirls, Big Vic, NitroStitch, Fifigawa, helloirishkitty, dancindaisyduck, LSUFan4444, papaof3

5intexas 01-12-2013 09:40 AM

My husband and I are IN!! We had to defer our registration from the 2013 to the 2014 due to injury, so we are particularly excited! Our first 1/2 and first race with Disney! Thanks for starting this thread!

buddillon 01-12-2013 10:17 AM

I am in!!!:banana:

mathrockskallen 01-12-2013 10:40 AM

My DH & I are in - excited to celebrate 40 with a coast to coast!!

sonyuq 01-12-2013 10:45 AM

My DH and I are in. And soooo excited first trip to Disney without our kids:cool1:, one will be married and the other he thinks he is too old(can you believe it) at 19 to love Disney. When he really grows up he will love it again.

WaDiWo 01-12-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5intexas (Post 47165396)
My husband and I are IN!! We had to defer our registration from the 2013 to the 2014 due to injury, so we are particularly excited! Our first 1/2 and first race with Disney! Thanks for starting this thread!

Great! This is exciting everybody.

Good luck on healing your injury too, let's get well soon. :thumbsup2

by the way, I'll try my best to keep a RUNNING LIST on my original post of everyone who's going.

5intexas 01-12-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaDiWo (Post 47166302)
Great! This is exciting everybody.

Good luck on healing your injury too, let's get well soon. :thumbsup2

by the way, I'll try my best to keep a RUNNING LIST on my original post of everyone who's going.

Thank you so much! I am going to start running again this week, so we shall see! My next race should hopefully be the Castaway Cay 5k:)

El&Asmom 01-12-2013 02:23 PM

Boy I hope so. Totally bummed I'm not running it this year. I'll be at the world for a conference next weekend and couldn't pull off going two weekends in a row.
Does anyone remember when the full sold out this year? I kept stalling and then it was too late to register.

sirabe76 01-12-2013 03:20 PM

COunt me in!!! Doing the half next year!!

Not a great runner yet but I get better everyday!

WaDiWo 01-12-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirabe76 (Post 47168148)
COunt me in!!! Doing the half next year!!

Not a great runner yet but I get better everyday!

Welcome sirabe76! and good luck! :cool1:

WaDiWo 01-12-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El&Asmom (Post 47167667)
Boy I hope so. Totally bummed I'm not running it this year. I'll be at the world for a conference next weekend and couldn't pull off going two weekends in a row.
Does anyone remember when the full sold out this year? I kept stalling and then it was too late to register.

Don't quote me exactly, but I think October (or even before), because at that time I was trying to transfer down from full to half because of my injury, but I couldn't because I think it was sold out already.

Sarah_Rose 01-12-2013 03:33 PM

I'm in for 2014! I couldn't swing this year because I had a baby in May and I wanted to do the full or Goofy, and wouldn't have had enough time to train, but I'm definitely in for the Goofy next year!

Can't wait to get registered! :goodvibes

fashionista311 01-12-2013 04:04 PM

I think me...FINALLY! planning a honeymoon to Jamaica in early Jan, so i casually mentioned to the fiancee how great it would be if we did a few days in Disney before heading down there, since there are so many flights to the islands out of Florida. He was like great, idea! And then, I was like oh hey...isnt the marathon weekend early Jan? Would you care if I ran one of the races? and....he agreed! rather easily! As much as I want a mickey/goofy medal, I'll probably just do the half. Since it starts so early, I'll probably be done around 7:30, before he even wakes up, and would have a pretty minimal impact on the overall trip (versus the marathon which takes longer, and the recovery time would make it tougher to do adventure type excursions once we get to Jamaica)

limabeanmom2003 01-12-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaDiWo
Hi all!

While we cheer on each other for this year's 2013 Walt Disney World marathon weekend, let's not forget that ONE YEAR from today, January 12, 2014, will be the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon! :cool1:

Let the countdown start now. We have one year to prepare mentally, spiritually, and physically. We can do this. Who's in?

Here's who we have so far:

2014 WDW Marathon Weekend DISers:
WaDiWo
5intexas and DH
budillon
mathrockskallen and DH
sonnyuq and DH
sirabe76
Sarah_Rose

Woo! Hoo! Love to see this post! My DH and I are in for the full in 2014. We ran last year's full and it was SO much fun! Can't wait to do it again!

StarGirl11 01-12-2013 08:48 PM

I am hoping to be back at WDW for the full next year. Hopefully training will go better and I won't have to ditch the race in the middle of October.

Still mad that Tinkerbell and the WDW race are one week apart again.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.