The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bakery News: France Bakery opens at 9am, Tomorrowland Terrace open for Breakfast (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045758)

mousermerf 01-11-2013 02:07 PM

Bakery News: France Bakery opens at 9am, Tomorrowland Terrace open for Breakfast

Just some quick early morning bakery-related notes..

The Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot's France is now open at 9am and serving breakfast.

Also, while the Main Street Bakery is closed for conversion to the Starbucks location the Tomorrowland Terrace will serve breakfast.

mousermerf 01-11-2013 02:21 PM

So.. i'm curious.. will you hoof it over to France for breakfast..?

It seems like a good choice if you come in via International Gateway. Not so sure for the rest of the park guests..

bobrex 01-11-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mousermerf (Post 47157751)
So.. i'm curious.. will you hoof it over to France for breakfast..?

It seems like a good choice if you come in via International Gateway. Not so sure for the rest of the park guests..

Actually, the blockade is at the England side of the bridge, so guests coming through the gateway can go through England and Canada to get to Future World. To open France, all they have to do is move the blockade to the other side of the bridge.

Steven41782 01-11-2013 02:42 PM

Maybe the France bakery is temporary until Boardwalk Bakery reopens.

erinclemmer 01-11-2013 07:12 PM

The new bakery in France is permanent and so is the early opening time- Disney Food Blog and Disney Parks Blog has information.

I have been waiting for this since they announced construction back in February. I really like to eat in France! There nothing more fun foodwise than eating your way around World Showcase. I am soooo excited we are going down next week and I was hoping with a "January" opening predicted that we would be able to enjoy eating there a lot!

chloelovesdisney 01-11-2013 09:01 PM

That would be great except nothing else over there is open. Quite a trek for a croissant. Even if you come in there from the Beach Club or Boardwalk, it's still a stop in the wrong direction with nothing else over there to do.

parkhopping 01-11-2013 09:06 PM

Does this now mean one could theoretically walk around an empty WS prior to 11 am? I think I would actually really enjoy that, even (especially?) with nothing open. Sounds peaceful and relaxing :)

mom2travel 01-11-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkhopping
Does this now mean one could theoretically walk around an empty WS prior to 11 am? I think I would actually really enjoy that, even (especially?) with nothing open. Sounds peaceful and relaxing :)

I agree! That would be great the have a quiet breakfast and meander through WS :-)

parkhopping 01-11-2013 09:28 PM

I'm already plotting a perfect morning:

EMH rope drop
Knock out Soarin' and TT
Be at the bakery for opening, grab a croissant and coffee, and take a stroll through a crowd-less WS

I really hope this could be a reality!

BonnieA 01-11-2013 09:45 PM

A long time ago, when both parts of Epcot opened at the same time, we used to love going over to France for a pastry early in the morning. Nice that they are bringing it back.

hoosll 01-11-2013 09:48 PM

France will be a great option for Epcot resort guests with park hoppers, I wish it opened at 8a

MOM POPPINS 01-12-2013 12:25 AM

I hope this is true and it continues to open at 9!

bumbershoot 01-12-2013 12:46 AM

My mind immediately went to wondering if this is a sign of other WS changes to come.

Melani 01-12-2013 01:18 AM

Menu?

time101 01-12-2013 06:29 AM

This is great! It reminds me of years ago when WS opened at 9:00 a.m., at the same time as FW. My family would head over to France first and have breakfast at the bakery. I really missed those days.