The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Would you rather: Old Key West studio or at 1 Bedroom Bonnet Creek? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045696)

blackacex2 01-11-2013 11:45 AM

Would you rather: Old Key West studio or at 1 Bedroom Bonnet Creek?

Very simple- would you rather stay in a studio at old key west or a 1 bedroom at Wyndham bonnet creek (located on property next to CBR).

2 Adults, No children! Six nights total. Old Key West would be about $300 more. We are renting a car either way.

Missytara 01-11-2013 11:51 AM

Definately on-site..... for 2 adults, you will be more then comfortable in a studio at OKW.

blackacex2 01-11-2013 12:01 PM

A studio might be enough space, but we wouldn't get a whirlpool tub, two sinks/mirrors, a fully stocked kitchen to make breakfast, a large balcony with high-rise views etc. Those are the things I'm considering. Old Key West isn't really any closer to the parks, so that doesn't factor in. Still- I'm so torn!

NJRRK 01-11-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackacex2
A studio might be enough space, but we wouldn't get a whirlpool tub, two sinks/mirrors, a fully stocked kitchen to make breakfast, a large balcony with high-rise views etc. Those are the things I'm considering. Old Key West isn't really any closer to the parks, so that doesn't factor in. Still- I'm so torn!

Since you are renting a car ME isn't at issue here. It seems like you already have your mind made up. So I'm just going to offer up two things you might be missing out on, these may or may not be important to you. 1) EMH will not be available to you at Bonnet Creek and 2) package delivery also will not be available.

Like I said those two items may or may not be important.

Wood Nymph 01-11-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackacex2 (Post 47156618)
Very simple- would you rather stay in a studio at old key west or a 1 bedroom at Wyndham bonnet creek (located on property next to CBR).

2 Adults, No children! Six nights total. Old Key West would be about $300 more. We are renting a car either way.

My sister and her friends stayed at a 1 bedroom suite at Bonnet Creek last November. There was a shuttle bus to the parks. This was her first off site trip, she usually stayed at CBR, and she thought it was fine.

Missyrose 01-11-2013 02:58 PM

You might want to post this question on the Orlando hotels and attractions boards.

Almost all of us here on the Disney Resorts boards will almost always pick the Disney resort over anything else. You might get more answers on the other side on the other board.

MickeyNicki 01-11-2013 02:58 PM

OKW, no question

blackacex2 01-11-2013 03:08 PM

Why OKW no question? Sell me on it! I saw a youtube video of the studio room and kinda thought the bedspreads were ugly but besides that I'm intrigued!

twinboysmom 01-11-2013 03:18 PM

I have stayed at an OKW studio. Not even gonna try to sell it, especially for more money. I would choose the 1 bedroom at bonnet creek if EMH, ddp, package delivery aren't important. The studio we had wasn't great. Had they refurbed the bathrooms when they did the last renovation I would be happier but they didn't. Ours was not the cleanest, mildew and broken tiles.

tinkgurl 01-11-2013 04:28 PM

OKW hands down. It's one of our favorite DVC Resorts!

Tink415 01-11-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinboysmom (Post 47159046)
I have stayed at an OKW studio. Not even gonna try to sell it, especially for more money. I would choose the 1 bedroom at bonnet creek if EMH, ddp, package delivery aren't important.

I agree with this sentiment. I own DVC at OKW. But if I was paying cash I'd give Bonnet Creek a try.

lsvitek 01-27-2013 09:34 AM

Bonnet Creek - no question

We have stayed at every DVC resort and LOVE them all. We have lots of great memories and we will certainly go back again. HOWEVER - a couple of months ago we planned a last minute trip to Disney and stayed in a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek for 7 nights. The condo was beautiful!!! Full kitchen, amazing master suite, kids each had a full bed to sleep in. Each of the 5 pools and the 2 lazy rivers at the resort were great. The place was clean, beautifully landscaped, and well taken care of. Best of all, we paid $475 for all 7 nights. Yes, we got a great deal. But I could find it again for under $700. And I would gladly pay $1000.

To be fair, we are annual pass holders so we didn't have to pay for parking at the parks and we have a Tables in Wonderland membership and saved a bundle in dining. We have ALWAYS used a dining package in the past, but we liked TIW much better and saved more money. We have always been loyal to Disney resorts, but..... not so much anymore.

MelissaTnNc 01-27-2013 09:43 AM

We are in the middle of planning an August trip at BC, but last September we split stayed at Bonnet Creek and Art of Animation and I'm a bit nervous we will be disappointed with Beach Club bc we loved loved loved Bonnet Creek so much.

DebbieB 01-27-2013 09:45 AM

Do you use extra magic hours? Do you use the dining plan? If not, then try Bonnet Creek. Distance to the parks is about the same, you don't need DME. There are really no extra WDW guest benefits if you are not using those.

Tina 01-27-2013 10:37 AM

I have stayed at both resorts and would choose OKW. Our last Disney vacation was a week in a 2 bedroom at Bonnet Creek. While it was a nice resort, it was just lacking that Disney magic. We had our own car and parking was convenient, so that was nice. But we didn't feel like we were at Disney World when we came "home" each night. I think it comes down to how much Disney you want in your vacation.