The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   favorite desserts? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045505)

artofanimation 01-11-2013 05:24 AM

favorite desserts?

hi there! i'll be heading to disney world in almost exactly a week and i'm determined to try as many sweet treats as possible, but unfortunately, due to my company, i'm limited to just what i can get in the parks. shame, because i've heard so many good things about desserts at the poly. :confused3

this is only my second visit, so hit me with all your favorite desserts, classics or not, since odds are i've never had it! :cool1:

davedmaine 01-11-2013 07:15 AM

There are plenty of good ones, but I can tell you one to avoid at all costs (IMO): the jalapeno cheescake at WCC. It's a perfect example of a chef getting a little too creative for his/her own good and ruining a dessert.. Yech.

TwoCortWort 01-11-2013 07:26 AM

The peanut butter cookies were my favorite this past time. The one at Hollywood Studios had butterfinger in it the other had peanut butter cups. So good. :)

sephorachick 01-11-2013 07:37 AM

DHS- Carrot cake cookie!!!! AMAZING You must try!
MK- Storybook treats in Fantasyland Next to poo ride on right ,Dole whip in Adventureland
DAK- Choc frozen banana
Epcot- salted milk ch caramel

Ohanana bread pudding OMGGGGGGG!

I'm a sucker for sweets too

princessallegra 01-11-2013 08:04 AM

My fave from our Sept trip were the sugar crystal coated, red velvet cake pops! Omgg! Amazing!! You can get them at Goofy's, Main St. Confectionary, and Big Top Souvenirs. Other places too I'm sure.

ttintagel 01-11-2013 08:53 AM

Dole Whip and Citrus Swirl in the MK. Key lime pie from Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT.

CraigInPA 01-11-2013 09:29 AM

The white chocolate mousse with berries at San Angel Inn, the funnel cake at the american pavilion in Epcot, and most anything at LeBoulangerie and the Kringla bakery.

Mariannekay 01-11-2013 09:56 AM

So many goodies! Where to begin...
My MK favs are the Strawberry Shortcake sundae from Storybook Treats and the Pistachio creme brle from Tony's.

Epcot favs: Caramel ginger ice cream from the Lotus Blossom, Sticky Toffee pudding from Rose & Crown, and pretty much ANYTHING from Boulangerie Patisserie in France.

DHS fav: Red Velvet or Butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls...OMG sooo good, but very sweet!

Favorite WDW dessert overall would have to be the bread pudding and ice cream at 'Ohana. It is fantastic!

smiths02 01-11-2013 10:08 AM

DHS-Starring Rolls butterfinger cupcake
MK-Pineapple Dole whip float
Epcot-kaki gori from Japan, anything from France, school bread Norway, caramel corn from Wether's (Germany), American Dream (America)
Several places (Main Street in MK, Goofy's in DTD, etc.)-Minnie Mouse chocolate/caramel apple; Mickey Mouse ice cream bars

(Poly-Ohana bread pudding)

The things that I really dream about are the Minni Mouse chocolate caramel apple and the Dole Whips. Everything else is good, but I can find acceptable alternatives at home.

WIDisneyFan 01-11-2013 11:22 AM

if you are looking for a good one outside of the park try the cupcakes at the Contempo Cafe in the Contemporary Resort - the chocolate peanut butter ones are AMAZING

wiigirl 01-11-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sephorachick (Post 47153668)
DHS- Carrot cake cookie!!!! AMAZING You must try!
MK- Storybook treats in Fantasyland Next to poo ride on right ,Dole whip in Adventureland
DAK- Choc frozen banana
Epcot- salted milk ch caramel

Ohanana bread pudding OMGGGGGGG!

I'm a sucker for sweets too

x2 on Ohana bread pudding, Choc frozen banana, and Dole whip! ALWAYS musts for me. :thumbsup2

jwdwi 01-11-2013 11:41 AM

Anything in the new BOG restaurant. I had the strawberry cupcake, it was fantastic!

BEASLYBOO 01-11-2013 01:48 PM

EPCOT
French Patisserie/Boulangerie now called Les Halles
Napoleons, Eclairs, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Tart, Chocolate Mousse
Kringla Bakery
Rice Creme, School Bread
Rose & Crown
Sticky Toffee pudding
Via Napoli
Zeppole di Ricotta (huge, great to share)

DOWNTOWN DISNEY
Ragland's
The bread pudding is the best I've ever had!
Girardelli's
Just about anything!

MAGIC KINGDOM
By POTC
Dole Whip

Never been a cake or cupcake fan!

marshallsmommy 01-11-2013 10:34 PM

White Chocolate Elephant Cupcake from Kusafari Bakery in AK soooo good!

2012DisneyWorldBride 01-11-2013 10:45 PM

The chocolate wave at Coral Reef and the rice crispie covered in chocolate and coconut at Goofy's Candy Company. Mmmmmmmm!!!!