The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trade 50's PT for ?? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045364)

jsgrand0 01-10-2013 06:24 PM

Trade 50's PT for ??

Hello..we had a less than stellar experience at 50's Prime Time Cafe last time, and the only reason I booked it this time is because my DD11 requested it, mainly because she liked the big milk shakes! Is there somewhere else that would be a fun meal, maybe offering good desserts, that she would also like? We are doing Planet Hollywood, Yachstmas, T-Rex, CP, and LTT so far...thanks for any help!

DLB 01-10-2013 06:35 PM

Maybe sci-fi??? The theming is very fun and they have milkshakes as well :)

kris4360 01-10-2013 06:44 PM

I agree with sci-fi. If you've never been I think she will love it!

CaliBear 01-10-2013 07:08 PM

I'll be in the World same time as you! I am actually kind of second-guessing my 50s Prime Time lunch ADR- never been, but it seems like a lot of food for lunch and we're doing dinner at Boma (8 hours later). Problem is, there really is not a lot of good choices at DHS so I'm keeping the ressie. The only other option for me would be Sci-Fi. Again, I haven't eaten there, but the food at DHS is just so limited. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread too. I hope you find something delicious.

p.s. OP, how smart are you to schedule Miami for 3 days first? I don't know why I didn't suggest this to DFi. I would love to go to Miami and it could be a long, long time before we're in Florida again. Have a blast!

jsgrand0 01-10-2013 07:13 PM

Oh, btw, it doesn't have to be at DHS, we can go anywhere. :)

Thanks for the suggestions so far...I will have to look at Sci-Fi's menu again...I remember not being impressed when I was there many years ago..but you're right, the kids would probably like it.

Tjaleks 01-10-2013 07:19 PM

My vote is for Whispering Canyon Cafe. My kids had blast, until they were "punished" and had to ride around on a hobby horse singing happy b-day to me:rotfl:

DizDaD7 01-10-2013 07:21 PM

A double definetely KEEP it....You unfortunately did'nt have a good time because your server probably wasn't playing the part....that day.

Our family has eaten here at least 7 times and only 1 time was it just above average, while the other 6 were fantastic...From the food to the antics..

It's different & you have to go in with an open mind....

The food there we really enjoy too, as well as the desserts...And the PB&J Milkshake...2 words....... Yum.. OOOps...YUM YUM..:thumbsup2

The sampler can't be missed...With Pot Roast, Fried Chicken,& meatloaf...All the fav's so you don't have to decide on 1 ...LoL Good luck in whichever you choose..

jsgrand0 01-10-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DizDaD7 (Post 47150480)
A double definetely KEEP it....You unfortunately did'nt have a good time because your server probably wasn't playing the part....that day.

Our family has eaten here at least 7 times and only 1 time was it just above average, while the other 6 were fantastic...From the food to the antics..

It's different & you have to go in with an open mind....

The food there we really enjoy too, as well as the desserts...And the PB&J Milkshake...2 words....... Yum.. OOOps...YUM YUM..:thumbsup2

The sampler can't be missed...With Pot Roast, Fried Chicken,& meatloaf...All the fav's so you don't have to decide on 1 ...LoL Good luck in whichever you choose..

You're probably right...We ate there in Oct 2011...we felt VERY rushed. Food appeared at our table within MINUTES of ordering and the server didn't really get into his role. My food was taken away without being asked, and I wasn't finished! We were in and out within 45 minutes.

DizDaD7 01-10-2013 07:46 PM

The elderly female waitresses end up being the best that really play the part...When checking in for you ADR Just have them make a note of it and they'll seat you with someone thats fun...Good Luck

dzneelvr 01-10-2013 07:51 PM

Another vote for Sci Fi

We are huge fans of this place! burgers, fries and a shake while watching campy sci-fi trailers is NOT to be missed! I usually branch out a bit on the menu items but DH, DD, DS stick to the basics with a cherry coke thrown in. Servers have always been fabulous too.
Sorry but we have never been fans of 50's after eating there once. Food was too "heavy" and we did not enjoy the waiters schtik--it bordered on rude:sad2:

Farps 01-11-2013 08:26 AM

We love 50's PT, but it does depend on your server. The PB&J shakes are awesome . But if you are into the antics than Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge is fun, and I believe that they serve all you can drink shakes .

hutch0830 01-12-2013 09:12 PM

Don't trade it! You might have just had an "off" day. We love this restaurant and it's one we will repeat!

karmacats 01-13-2013 03:05 PM

If you decide to eat somewhere else but your DD still wants a milkshake, you can get them at the lounge attached to 50sPT - you can just walk right up to the bar and order one to go. DH and I have been underwhelmed by our last couple meals there, so now we just order a PB&J shake to go from the bar every trip. It's the same delicious shake as in the restaurant, without having to eat our veggies! :goodvibes

dvcterry 01-13-2013 03:20 PM

For some milkshakes and meals you could also try The Plaza and Beaches & Cream.

lovin'fl 01-13-2013 03:24 PM

I also would suggest Whispering Canyon for the bottomless milkshakes and all you can eat skillet (dinner time)...or the Sci-Fi is nice too.