The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   8A cabins on Dream or Fantasy (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045318)

Dogsambam 01-10-2013 04:30 PM

8A cabins on Dream or Fantasy
 
I know this question is like beating a dead horse, but..... We are booked on a Fantasy sailing. I have chance to move our 8c to an 8a for 60$ total. It is for a quad. Cabins available are 6016, 6510 or 5018. Do any of these have a bath tub. Would these be a good switch? Any new photos?

PrincessShmoo 01-10-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogsambam (Post 47148819)
I know this question is like beating a dead horse, but..... We are booked on a Fantasy sailing. I have chance to move our 8c to an 8a for 60$ total. It is for a quad. Cabins available are 6016, 6510 or 5018. Do any of these have a bath tub. Would these be a good switch? Any new photos?

AFAIK, except for HA rooms, all DCL rooms have a tub.

:cutie:

TDC Nala 01-10-2013 04:34 PM

Someone awhile back posted this guide to the 8A staterooms.

Quote:

Deck 5
5018 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5020 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5022 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

5518 (HA-designed; no tub) - no pole/no wall (big open room), no split bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4
5520 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3
5522 - "mini-suite" w/wall divider, no split bath, sleeps 3

Deck 6
6012 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6014 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6016 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

6510 (HA) - no pole, no split bath, no privacy curtain
6512 (HA) - pole in center, no spilt bath
6514 - pole in center, no spilt bath, no privacy curtain, sleeps 4

Of the three you were given to choose from, apparently only 6016 has a tub. 6012 is handicapped accessible and 5018 was designed to be, but was pulled from the accessible inventory for whatever reason, so it does not have a tub.

Dogsambam 01-10-2013 05:14 PM

Thank you. It seems like no thought for the larger cabin for 60.

lanejudy 01-10-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogsambam (Post 47149253)
Thank you. It seems like no thought for the larger cabin for 60.

Is there really a size difference between an 8A and an 8C? I thought the only difference within a category number (A, B, C, D) was the location on the ship - either which deck or forward/aft/middle.

PrincessShmoo 01-10-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanejudy (Post 47150175)
Is there really a size difference between an 8A and an 8C? I thought the only difference within a category number (A, B, C, D) was the location on the ship - either which deck or forward/aft/middle.

On the classic ships the A, B, C, D difference is location. On the new ships, the "better"(A) classification differences can be room/verandah size or location.

:cutie:

lanejudy 01-10-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 47150281)
On the classic ships the A, B, C, D difference is location. On the new ships, the "better"(A) classification differences can be room/verandah size or location.

:cutie:

Good to know, thank you! :thumbsup2

lorenni 01-10-2013 07:04 PM

Another factor - I don't believe any of the 8a room have privacy curtains - though some have partial walls.

Bear3412 01-10-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanejudy (Post 47150175)
Is there really a size difference between an 8A and an 8C? I thought the only difference within a category number (A, B, C, D) was the location on the ship - either which deck or forward/aft/middle.

These dream class 8a's may be the same size as other cat 8 as the literature implies, but they definetly have a different layout. I'm confident they would feel like they had more space. It's like a sideways oceanview with two large portholes instead of one.

lanejudy 01-10-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bear3412 (Post 47150358)
These dream class 8a's may be the same size as other cat 8 as the literature implies, but they definetly have a different layout. I'm confident they would feel like they had more space. It's like a sideways oceanview with two large portholes instead of one.

Oh, like on the front of the ship! I saw those, we were in a 9A on the side but right near the front. My husband really thought they looked neat, at least what he could see from the hallway while the door was open. Thanks!

lbgraves 01-10-2013 07:21 PM

This is the original deck plan showing which 8As were suppose to be HA. Those were not approved when inspected so none of them are. The ones designated as HA on this deckplan do not have tubs or split baths because of the HA plan.

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com...amDeckPlan.jpg

Bear3412 01-10-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lanejudy (Post 47150390)
Oh, like on the front of the ship! I saw those, we were in a 9A on the side but right near the front. My husband really thought they looked neat, at least what he could see from the hallway while the door was open. Thanks!

Sort of, but the port hole(s) are larger and vertical and no slanted ceiling.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ht=8a+s&page=2

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2696288&page=4

lanejudy 01-10-2013 07:25 PM

Thanks! I'll tuck that info away for when I'm ready to do our next reservation.

jfahome 01-10-2013 08:02 PM

We are booked in 6012 & 6014 on the Fantasy in April. We're excited about the room size as we've heard they are a bit larger and more of a sideways room. We didn't care about no tub ourselves. I'll be sure to post a new room report when we get back for any future travelers.

reimero 01-11-2013 07:34 AM

From what I've seen (and I've stayed in an 8A but not any other 8s) there are 2 key differences between an 8A and the other 8s beside the tub/bath.
As mentioned before, the layout is different. Most of the 8s are long rectangles, the 8As are more square-shaped. Ours felt quite spacious. The other difference, which is related, is that 8A cabins have 2 portholes instead of 1.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.