The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Accomodating 7????? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045219)

jfoster 01-10-2013 02:06 PM

Accomodating 7?????

Hello all...Wondered if anyone has great recommendations on what accomodations I should be thinking about for next year...my huband and 3 kids will be going, in addition to my mom and dad. Aside from getting 2 seperate rooms at a resort, what are our options? What about the villas? Last year we stayed at AKL as a amily of "4" since your littlest was only 2. This year we are trying POR in May, as its is the only moderate that can accomodate a family of 5. We spend a lot of time in the parks...next year, we will go for a week and my parents will meet us for probably 5 days or so, possibly the whole week... just wondering what the most efficient way to handle it is....short of getting 2 seperate rooms. Suggestions appreciated!

MinnieFan4ever 01-10-2013 04:13 PM

You can always try renting points to stay in a 3 BR at OKW. There you would have tons of space and plenty of bathrooms for everyone. With 7, you could fit in a 2 BR with all the kids on pull-outs. This would work if the grandparents to stay the whole time as you won't be paying for the extra room all the time. Some resorts have a sleeper chair and queen size sofa in the living rooms. I know BCV does not and I think BWV and VWL don't as well.

PHLtoMCO 01-10-2013 04:37 PM

My only experience with a party that large staying all together was when we booked a 2 Bdr Villa at the Boardwalk (sleeps 8). Everyone was 21+ and we still felt with 8 adults it was plenty of space. We had a great trip and we always enjoy staying at the boardwalk :goodvibes

TaraPA 01-10-2013 05:34 PM

All 2BR villas sleep 8 (master with king, another bedroom with 2 queens & sleeper sofa in the LR)...some will sleep 9 with the additional twin sleeper chair in the LR - those are OKW, Kidani, Jambo (non-value) and BLT.

Pakey 01-10-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraPA
All 2BR villas sleep 8 (master with king, another bedroom with 2 queens & sleeper sofa in the LR)...some will sleep 9 with the additional twin sleeper chair in the LR - those are OKW, Kidani, Jambo (non-value) and BLT.

Not all 2 bedrooms have 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom. 2 bedroom lock-offs will have a queen and a sleeper sofa in the 2nd bedroom.

TaraPA 01-10-2013 06:24 PM

Ahhh yes thanks! Only dedicated 2BR have the 2 queens in the 2nd BR.

Deb & Bill 01-11-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaraPA (Post 47149937)
Ahhh yes thanks! Only dedicated 2BR have the 2 queens in the 2nd BR.

At BCV, not all the dedicated have two queens. Some have a queen bed and a double sleeper sofa. Some of the villas are a bit smaller and two beds would not fit. Only 25 have two queen beds.

TaraPA 01-11-2013 04:25 PM

Smacked down again lol!

Thanks for the correction & BCV info, I had no idea! Always good to know.