The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Avatarland (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045116)

angelmichelle 01-10-2013 12:40 PM

I didn't know all this information, and just wanted to share in case you didn't know either. It's a good link for all the released information concerning the ~greatly anticipated~ Avatarland. ;)

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/board...nimal-kingdom/

"Cinder" Ella's Mom 01-10-2013 01:28 PM

Ugh. I don't even have any desire to see the movie!!!!

W.E.D. 01-10-2013 01:32 PM

This DISer hopes negotiations fall through. Not excited at all.

My two cents.

DRDISNEYMD 01-10-2013 01:39 PM

Yay!

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelmichelle (Post 47145674)
I didn't know all this information, and just wanted to share in case you didn't know either. It's a good link for all the released information concerning the ~greatly anticipated~ Avatarland. ;)

http://www.thethemeparkguy.com/board...nimal-kingdom/

~Thanks for the update, I can't wait for Avatarland -- with James Cameron on the team -- I know it's going to be breathtaking & fabulous!!!

~I know it's not for everyone, so there's always the new Fantasyland, lol.
:goodvibes

Maggie Lizer 01-10-2013 01:43 PM

I did not see Avatar and have no plans to do so, but I would go on the rides and whatnot if/when the area in DAK opens.

What happens if the two planned sequels don't do so well at the box office? Do they "plan" now, and wait and see how the first of the sequels does, and if it is good enough, actually build it?

W.E.D. 01-10-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggie Lizer (Post 47146416)
I did not see Avatar and have no plans to do so, but I would go on the rides and whatnot if/when the area in DAK opens.

What happens if the two planned sequels don't do so well at the box office? Do they "plan" now, and wait and see how the first of the sequels does, and if it is good enough, actually build it?

That's my concern. It doesn't seem like a very strong answer to WWofHP. Harry Potter has a canon of I don't even know how many books and movies, with a ravenous, world-wide fan-base. Avatar has one movie. They're really going to base an entire Land off of something that may or may not perform well over two sequels?!!? I would build on the recent acquisition of Star Wars. THAT has the same level of devotion and background material as HP. IMHO.

ses1230 01-10-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.E.D. (Post 47146582)
That's my concern. It doesn't seem like a very strong answer to WWofHP. Harry Potter has a canon of I don't even know how many books and movies, with a ravenous, world-wide fan-base. Avatar has one movie. They're really going to base an entire Land off of something that may or may not perform well over two sequels?!!? I would build on the recent acquisition of Star Wars. THAT has the same level of devotion and background material as HP. IMHO.

I agree and also wish they would come up with something different and scrap this project.

stindall 01-10-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.E.D. (Post 47146307)

My two cents.

:thumbsup2 ::yes::

mesaboy2 01-10-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggie Lizer

You mean like The Matrix? A very valid concern and the whole idea is a very risky business move from Disney IMO.

Mad Hattered 01-10-2013 02:35 PM

We have absolutely no desire to visit anything Avatar at Disney. WWOHP it is not. And Cameron is a total %#&% to work with.

sandgrace 01-10-2013 02:43 PM

I'd be very excited to visit Avatarland! James Cameron would not spare any detail I'm quite sure of that! Perhaps, Titanic could be included in there too it's my favorite movie and his most successful.

Melodious 01-10-2013 02:46 PM

I think Avatarland would be cool. I think AK needs some fantasy type animals and think a flying animal ride like in Avatar would be great. And Avatar fits with the lush landscaping. It's not really about the movie's story for me. It won't be like HP and I'm glad bc I don't think something like that would fit with Disney's theme

DisneyGuy758 01-10-2013 02:47 PM

'Greatly anticipated' by whom?

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.E.D. (Post 47146582)
I would build on the recent acquisition of Star Wars. THAT has the same level of devotion and background material as HP. IMHO.

Or even the Marvel Universe...who I know is still in contract with Universal and all...but much like the comics (currently under the Dark Horse publishing house) eventually it'll all come back to them. Build off of that background material and you'll be set for life.

jdcthree 01-10-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.E.D.

My two cents.

This.

vcgirl925 01-10-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W.E.D. (Post 47146307)

My two cents.

Agreed.