The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   January 2014 Dates (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045083)

Zakery 01-10-2013 10:56 AM

January 2014 Dates

Hi Everyone,

Just curious which dates you would pick for a trip to the parks and also Universal next January?

We will have 6 days at Disney and 2 days at Universal

1) Fly in January 2nd and Fly out January 11 - Advantage I am off work the Xmas to New Years so I wouldn't have to go back to work which means longer time away from work in a row. Disadvantage Flying back on Saturday may mean a bit more expense than flying back mid week.

2) Fly in January 7th and Fly out January 16th - Advantage both mid week flights which may lower cost some (There will be 5 of us so this could be a couple of hundred of dollars). Advantage also that the parks might be quieter.

3) Another time in January... I'm definitely open for suggestions.

mesaboy2 01-10-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakery (Post 47145156)
Hi Everyone,

Just curious which dates you would pick for a trip to the parks and also Universal next January?

1) Fly in January 2nd and Fly out January 11 - Advantage I am off work the Xmas to New Years so I wouldn't have to go back to work which means longer time away from work in a row. Disadvantage Flying back on Saturday may mean a bit more expense than flying back mid week.

2) Fly in January 7th and Fly out January 16th - Advantage both mid week flights which may lower cost some (There will be 5 of us so this could be a couple of hundred of dollars). Advantage also that the parks might be quieter.

In general, the later in January you go the less crowds you'll see. Weather is usually cold (by Florida standards) all month long.

Zakery 01-10-2013 11:15 AM

I am coming from the middle of Canada so the weather will be nice even if it is cold. Our average temperature right around now is a high of 10 and a low of -7 Fahrenheit.

Would there be any difference at all in ticket and resort costs? We will be doing one of the Value Resorts most likely.

mesaboy2 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakery (Post 47145364)
I am coming from the middle of Canada so the weather will be nice even if it is cold. Our average temperature right around now is a high of 10 and a low of -7 Fahrenheit.

Would there be any difference at all in ticket and resort costs? We will be doing one of the Value Resorts most likely.

Not much I don't think, unless you are considering the first few days of the month, when the Christmas crowds are departing. Only other blip might be the weekend of Martin Luther King Day in the middle of the month.

jmkjr72 01-10-2013 03:14 PM

mlk weekend when ever that falls for the year you are planning tends to be busy

i personal like superbowl week

camandjacksmom 01-25-2013 08:35 PM

Marathon weekend is January 9-12. The crowds will go up slightly and on that saturday and sunday getting to the parks is longer. The will have some areas of the parks roped off for us!

g-dad66 01-25-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakery (Post 47145156)
Hi Everyone,

Definitely would pick #2 over #1. Many schools won't be back in session until Monday, January 6, so parks could be quite crowded until then. (One advantage of #1, though, is Osborne Lights probably still up at Hollywood Studios.)

MLK Birthday weekend is January 19-21, so that will also be a crowded time. Any time January 22 through 31 should be good.