The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Very last minute... what should we know? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045075)

Couchy 01-10-2013 10:45 AM

Very last minute... what should we know?

Conversation this morning with DH

DH: we have free plane tix... we could go to your happy place this weekend

Me: :lmao: don't joke like that

DH: no joke, let's go

Me: maybe

DH: come on, it would be easy and I found a reasonable rate at the Swan

Me: Ok

What is going on this weekend? What should I know/ avoid?

Help, I am a planner and am freaking out a bit.... but very excited:cool1:

MINNEMUMMUM 01-10-2013 11:03 AM

I would just go and go with the flow!!! Some of our BEST trips were sur of the moment:goodvibes Have a GREAT time:)

tryplm 01-10-2013 11:07 AM

Go and have fun!

Herfnerd 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

Its Disney Marathon Weekend and the races are pretty much sold out (marathon, half marathon, 5k, kids races, etc) -

In other words, there were be quite a few people there.

But....as long as you know that, go and have fun!

ErinsMommy 01-10-2013 11:21 AM

I'm so jealous you can plan a last minute trip like that. My OCD would send me over the edge if I even tried it. Have a great time!!

Sandi 01-10-2013 11:24 AM

Go and have a blast! The marathoners will be there and that affects traffic, etc., but they don't all go into the parks when you'll be in the parks. I think that, to take care of my need to plan, I'm make some dining reservations and call it good.

MinnieGirl33 01-10-2013 11:26 AM

WHY were you even questioning that man?? GO... go now! Have a BLAST! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I agree with PP, some of our best trips have been spur of the moment.

BeachPrincess 01-10-2013 01:33 PM

Hubby and I are Florida residents and annual passholders and are heading down just for the weekend to cheer on a co-worker who is running in the marathon. I too was afraid of what the crowd level (and traffic) might be like, because it's marathon weekend, and because most of the Disney resorts are booked. So I conducted one of my "tests" today to check it out. I go to Disney dining reservations and see how many restaurants are booked and that usually tells me what the crowds might be like. So I searched for Saturday afternoon around 5:00 and to my surprise, there were numerous openings, EVEN a 5:30 at Le Cellier, which NEVER happens unless you are looking 180 days out. So, I hope that means the crowd levels will be quite tolerable. I never pass up a chance to go to Disney and hope you and hubby have a fabulous time! The weather is going to be AMAZING!

Couchy 01-11-2013 05:10 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies. I thought I would update you all and let you know we are currently on the plane about 30 Mims from landing and discussing where to eat dinner! :cool1::cool1:
It's a short trip but it will be amazing I am sure:thumbsup2

amylynne01 01-11-2013 07:17 PM

I left today and considered staying another night. There is no availability tonight at any of the All Stars, Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, or Port Orleans. It will be busy there. We did marathon weekend in 2009 and 2011, and it's not horrible. The traffic around MK one morning was horrid because the race was still going on. But if you're aware, it's not bad. Hey, you're going to Disney, so it's all good! :)

Glennie5 01-11-2013 07:23 PM

How I wish my husband would say that to me sometime. Hope you have agreat trip!