The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Manly Souvenir Suggestions for a Disney-Disliker (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045020)

Mom2aJessieGirl 01-10-2013 10:20 AM

Manly Souvenir Suggestions for a Disney-Disliker

Looking for souvenir suggestions!

My DD7 wants to take DH back a special souvenir (he's not going with us). In the past, we've taken him a DIY Droid from Tattoine Traders.

The only problem is the fact that he doesn't really like classic "disney" stuff (which is why he's not going with us). :rotfl:

I'm thinking DHS may be our best bet...with the Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Marvel and Pixar merchandise. Any suggestions for neat souvenirs to take a nerdy, computer-loving, iPhone toting, role-playing, intellectual? I'm trying to avoid the cliche coffee cup... :coffee:

Thanks! :)

tony609 01-10-2013 10:23 AM

A great photo of you two in a nice frame...or the Star Wars store has tons of shirts, photos that are pretty cool.

luvdisney77 01-10-2013 10:27 AM

I bought my stepdad a beer stein from the shop in Germany at World Showcase in Epcot. He loved it!:thumbsup2

Disneychix 01-10-2013 10:37 AM

Last year I got my DH one of those hats with the spanish monorail dialogue on it. He wears basecaps a lot and he liked that it was light weight for the summertime.

In DHS they had a lot of different hats-some without any disney 'characters' at all.

Or...food...can't go wrong with chocolates!

dsanner106 01-10-2013 10:55 AM

lots of things in the international gift shop at epcot, or perhaps a nice golf shirt?

D

PSUGuy 01-10-2013 10:57 AM

I have an Indiana Jones leather hat that I actually wear, a beer mug and shot glass with the Welsh Griffin on both, guess where my folks came from? Also, we have a growing shotglass collection. The first two items arre available in WS, the hat at that Outpost thing, the mug and glass in/around Great Britian and the other shotglass in the various countries and all the other parks.

Bill From PA

Mom2aJessieGirl 01-10-2013 11:23 AM

Y'alll are awesome. Beer steins? Shot glasses? How in the world did I overlook THOSE types of things!? :drinking1

HM 01-10-2013 11:41 AM

We go without DH a lot. We usually bring him back a new ball cap or a polo style shirt. Those things he'll wear.

fla4fun 01-10-2013 12:27 PM

I would agree that WS is a great place to look for non-Disney items. I do a lot of Christmas shopping in WS and none of the items are Disney items. Also, try looking in the resort shops, especially at the deluxe resorts. They usually have a selection of men's items that aren't Disney.

If he's interested in Star Wars or Indiana Jones, then DHS is definitely the place to go.

It's really easier than you would think to get non-Disney items.

aaarcher86 01-10-2013 12:29 PM

I saw a big Jessica Rabbit statue in DTD.

All males love Jessica Rabbit :thumbsup2

Mike7468 01-10-2013 01:34 PM

Get him a grumpy shirt or something. If the shoe fits....

starrysky 01-10-2013 01:38 PM

DH bight a really nice shirt in the men's store at the GF. Otherwise I agree with the shot glasses there are loads both Disney and non Disney ones available.

If he likes sports there are loads if good things at team mickey in DTD such as engraved baseball bats

travelbug24 01-10-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike7468 (Post 47146320)
Get him a grumpy shirt or something. If the shoe fits....

When I saw the title of this thread - I immediately thought this is my husband. Everytime I go to Disney (30x without him) he gets something Grumpy.

Pluto0809 01-10-2013 02:25 PM

I have the same problem! When I went in November, I brought DH a nice hockey shirt from the Canada store and a bottle of hot sauce from the Mexico pavillion.

MikeandReneePlus5 01-10-2013 02:28 PM

In the back of the store in Japan by the real swords they have what I think are very cool mini-samurai sword letter openers.