The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How esrly do i have to arrive to sign up for Jedi Training? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045004)

luv2sleep 01-10-2013 08:56 AM

How esrly do i have to arrive to sign up for Jedi Training?

Unlike Disneyland, I read I need to go and sign my son up for for Jedi Training. Is it a must to get there at park opening to do so?

mesaboy2 01-10-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Unlike Disneyland, I read I need to go and sign my son up for for Jedi Training. Is it a must to get there at park opening to do so?

Much later and you definitely risk missing out.

pooh4evr 01-10-2013 09:01 AM

I would say Yes but we haven't done it since Oct '11. You must have the child with you too. When you get into the park there are (were) CM's with signs directing to where the sign up line was at that time it was in front of Hollywood and Vine. At that time they also let people through the turnstiles at about quarter till opening the majority of people were held on the street (sunset) but sign ups were to the left, we had ours signed up before rope drop, Dh got FP for TSMM. We had time to take a bathroom break, meet some characters and then checked in at 930 for the 10:00 show.

luv2sleep 01-10-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2

Much later and you definitely risk missing out.

This applies to even the later shows? They will all fill up first thing? Wow. Ok then. Will have to make that effort. It's probably the #1 thing into list. At DL you don't sign up. They pick from the crowd. My son was do disappointed he didn't get picked he cried. I think the way they do it is cruel. Never again. I hope we can do it at WDW.

mesaboy2 01-10-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

This applies to even the later shows? They will all fill up first thing? Wow. Ok then. Will have to make that effort. It's probably the #1 thing into list. At DL you don't sign up. They pick from the crowd. My son was do disappointed he didn't get picked he cried. I think the way they do it is cruel. Never again. I hope we can do it at WDW.

WDW used to do it this way, but changed a couple of years back now.

I can't tell you a time to arrive by, I just know there are only so many shows and availability is pretty limited.

KapBoy77 01-10-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

If you don't want to risk it go at park opening. It worked for us. My son was in the first show of the day and then we had the rest of the day to do whatever.

Rjsoto24601 01-10-2013 09:39 AM

Where does one go to sign up?

mesaboy2 01-10-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjsoto24601 (Post 47144245)

Either at ABC Soundstage (old Sounds Dangerous) or the JTA stage itself outside Star Tours. They are near each other, and CMs at opening will be able to point the way easily--I believe I read they even hold signs directing you there.

starrysky 01-10-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rjsoto24601

To the left as you face the entrance to American idol is the sign up place keep heading towards star tours if you have been to HS before its right by where sounds dangerous used to be.

Rjsoto24601 01-10-2013 09:49 AM

AWESOME! Thank you so much! This is a MUST do for ds this year!!!!!

luv2sleep 01-10-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesaboy2

WDW used to do it this way, but changed a couple of years back now.

I can't tell you a time to arrive by, I just know there are only so many shows and availability is pretty limited.

I hope DL follows suit one day.

lookame 01-10-2013 10:12 AM

When I was there in October 2011 we didn;t make it there RIGHT a rope drop, it was about a half an hr-hour after rope drope and we spent a little bit confused as to where the signup was(so add about 10-15 minutes onto that) When we finally figured out where to go then waited in line for roughly a half hr. My son got in still for a 5 o'clock training. After he was upset with himself because he missed a step with fighting Vader.

Back to topic...I would say depending on the season/traffic levels as long as you make it within 45 minutes with your kiddo in hand you should be ok...however if your there on a high traffic day or during busy season then you should be there at rope drop

autismgoesdisney 01-10-2013 11:45 AM

The last week of August at 2012, we went RIGHT to there at rope drop (the only day we purposefully did rope drop lol) and I'm glad we did. The line was already really long and we still got like a 2:00 show! I was pretty nervous!

luv2sleep 01-10-2013 11:47 AM

Well it looks like I better go to bed early the night before! Thank you for the help! It will be my only rope drop day too. ;)

PAGAS 01-10-2013 11:48 AM

Is signup available during morning EMH?