The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   This can't possibly be right, right? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044802)

Anonomom 01-09-2013 08:19 PM

This can't possibly be right, right?

DH and I are looking at photos of the WL club level lounge, trying to decide whether to stay there, and the photos are horrifying us. Please tell me it's not true that the lounge opens onto the lobby (several stories down), with railings that are even with the tops of the sofas placed next to them? Tell me the perspective is off or something. Please?

Just the thought of this is giving me the heebie-jeebies. Guess we absolutely won't be staying there with a 20 month old!

Mousemommy1 01-09-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonomom (Post 47139913)
DH and I are looking at photos of the WL club level lounge, trying to decide whether to stay there, and the photos are horrifying us. Please tell me it's not true that the lounge opens onto the lobby (several stories down), with railings that are even with the tops of the sofas placed next to them? Tell me the perspective is off or something. Please?

Just the thought of this is giving me the heebie-jeebies. Guess we absolutely won't be staying there with a 20 month old!

The WL lounge is up on the 7th floor and does wrap around the lobby. It is absolutely beautiful. We saw plenty of children up there on that floor and personally, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but I always have an eye on my kids.

The sofas were up against the railings but the sofas were pretty low to the ground. Again, I can't imagine a child climbing up and over the railing, it's pretty high, especially for a small child, but again, the child would also have to not have a parents eye on him/her to have the time to try and make a grand escape I would think.

But if the pictures scare you, you probably shouldn't stay there. We absolutely LOVED it. :love:

Anonomom 01-09-2013 08:47 PM

I'm sure it's a lovely place, didn't mean to imply otherwise. I'm just thinking of my son, who's never met a sofa he didn't try to climb (and though he's short, he can get to a lot of places I wouldn't have thought he could!). I'd have to literally have a hand on him at all times.

(you know, 'cause otherwise I'd plan on letting him loose in the lounge unsupervised. :lmao:)

mickeynut1 01-10-2013 07:30 AM

As the pp said, the couches and tables/chairs go around the railing of the 7th floor which overlooks the lobby. I, personally, love that set up as that's one of the (many) things I love about CL at the WL, but if that makes you uncomfortable with your little one, it probably would be better to choose a different CL. With that said, WL CL is amazing and ranks right at the top with GF RPC for me. Good luck.

disneyfanbecky 01-11-2013 12:38 PM

I totally understand why that makes you nervous - it would make me really nervous too! I have read several other reviews where people got there not expecting that and then couldn't bring their active kids to the lobby. Even if you are keeping the best eye on them, just turning around for a second can make a difference! I would be reluctant too...

DisneyElite4 01-11-2013 01:48 PM

Gosh, now I am starting to worry too! We are staying CL this December with our 14 month old. I have no idea if he will be climbing by then or not - I am guessing we will just have to keep a close eye and/or hand on him at all times!