The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   *GT rates out for Panama Canal cruise in May (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044491)

kcashner 01-09-2013 11:37 AM

*GT rates out for Panama Canal cruise in May

Title says it all....VGT for $2800 for 2 people. OGT and IGT are also available.

gunka 01-09-2013 12:05 PM

Wow - Amazing rates. Wish I could pull it off....

Kandjandj 01-09-2013 12:26 PM

Where are you finding this deal?

jedijill 01-09-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandjandj (Post 47134561)

Just price the cruise and the *GT rates are showing up. I'm so debating...$1900 for one person. I shouldn't spend the money, I shouldn't spending the money. ;)

Jill in CO

loudisneyfan 01-09-2013 12:36 PM

How do you find GT rates? Just by randomly pricing a cruise? Or is there an easier way to find what cruises are offering GT rates?

Kandjandj 01-09-2013 12:47 PM

I hope they have this next year when I could afford it. I want to go!!!!

Luv2Diz 01-09-2013 01:08 PM

Thanks for posting this! I am crunching numbers and looking at vacation schedules to see if we can make it work. I would love to visit some of these ports and see the Panama Canal!

OKW Lover 01-09-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner (Post 47133910)
Title says it all....VGT for $2800 for 2 people. OGT and IGT are also available.

OMG - thats a fantastic rate for that cruise.

My wife and I are already on the West Coast Repo cruise and the first Alaska Cruise in May. Should we make it a B2B2B??? :sail:

mmouse37 01-09-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loudisneyfan (Post 47134707)
How do you find GT rates? Just by randomly pricing a cruise? Or is there an easier way to find what cruises are offering GT rates?

No easier way...just pull up a cruise you want to go on at the DCL site and see if they are offering those rates for that cruise. If they are they will come up in red and say something like IGT, OGT, VGT restricted fares.

MJ

kcashner 01-09-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kandjandj (Post 47134561)

My TA sent me an announcement, but then I verified it on the DCL web site.

jahber 01-09-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover

OMG - thats a fantastic rate for that cruise.

My wife and I are already on the West Coast Repo cruise and the first Alaska Cruise in May. Should we make it a B2B2B??? :sail:

In my wildest dreams I was thinking of doing the last Alaska, driving down to LA (visiting family on the way), and taking the EBPC. But that would be a whole month of travel!
Now that this deal is out, I'm seriously thinking...we live in Orlando. We could drive to Miami, cruise, and fly back all for $5000 for 2a, 2c in an IGT. How can I say no??? Where can I find $5000 before May? We need to get on this, people!

jahber 01-09-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner

Oh, and btw, kcashner, my husband says Thanks a LOT for giving my wife this idea ! ;)

kcashner 01-09-2013 03:00 PM

I find it really odd that the Panama crossing and TA cruises overlap so that there is no way a guest can do both. That's sad.

Is your husband being sarcastic? The solo cruiser rates are even better (they are no where near the 200% of per person rate in a double occupancy. Like a solo cruiser can do an inside for $1900 instead of $2600 (rate for double occupancy with only one set of port taxes)

jahber 01-09-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner
I find it really odd that the Panama crossing and TA cruises overlap so that there is no way a guest can do both. That's sad.

Is your husband being sarcastic? The solo cruiser rates are even better (they are no where near the 200% of per person rate in a double occupancy. Like a solo cruiser can do an inside for $1900 instead of $2600 (rate for double occupancy with only one set of port taxes)

Kind of sarcastic, kind of not, to tell the truth. I don't know that he cares so much about the Panama Canal, but he does love a good bargain :).

The single supplement IS pretty awesome, but we would take the whole family. My kids are still young enough that I would be thinking about how much they'd love everything instead of focusing on enjoying alone time for 14 days. Although now that I write that it sounds kind of nice! But really, I would definitely love to do a cruise like that with the kids at least once--we homeschool, so that would be the ultimate learning adventure combined with a great vacation. How many kids (or adults) get to SAIL the Panama Canal???

carmie3377 01-09-2013 04:27 PM

So wish we could! Those veranda rates are even better than our inside rate on the 2011 PC cruise. would love a do-over but kids are in school. And of course, that is why the rate is so low:-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards