The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Best TS which does Not require the $10/pp deposit? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044467)

pooh2001 01-09-2013 12:07 PM

Best TS which does Not require the $10/pp deposit?
 
In MK I could think of The Plaza restaurant.
What about the other Parks?

Thanks!

tluvstink 01-09-2013 12:17 PM

My favorite in MK is lunch at LTT:)

Terri

zhazhazsu 01-09-2013 12:22 PM

We had an excellent lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe.

AdventureIsOutThere 01-09-2013 01:17 PM

While it has been two months since I last made a dining reservation and things could have changed, I think you may be confused.

Some restuaruants require a CC to hold the reservation and will charge $10/person if you don't show up to eat. If you are a ressie of 5 and only 4 show up you will not be charged for the 5th person since the reservation is still be honored.

There are only a few places that charge in advance such as CRT and the dinner shows.

From what I remember the places that require a CC to hold are any place that has a signature or special dining option (even if that particular meal you are eating isn't signautre or special) such as having the place having a character breakfast but regular lunch and dinner service and you are going for lunch.

I hope this helps clarify things. Unless you party is very particular or has a vacation style that does not work with set reservations I have never had an issue. Also, if you let Disney know that you will not make your reservation the day before they will not charge you.

TDC Nala 01-09-2013 01:23 PM

I think the confusion mentioned above comes from the word "deposit," for the purposes of responding I am assuming you are talking about the $10 per person no-show fee which requires a credit card hold.

I'd say my personal best are

MK- LTT lunch (no credit card hold for dinner but I prefer the lunch)
AK - Yak & Yeti (the only other TS option with no CC hold is the Rainforest Cafe)
Epcot - Via Napoli
Studios - I'm indifferent regarding Sci Fi and 50s Prime Time. they're both OK. Neither stands out as far as the food. Regarding atmosphere, it's just about the kind of atmosphere one would prefer as they're very different from each other.

The best overall is Sanaa but it is not in a park.

davedmaine 01-09-2013 02:01 PM

What are you talking about? It's not a deposit. You can cancel and get the $10 back

jltdone 01-09-2013 02:09 PM

if u make reservations at cinderellas royal table they charge your credit card? what if you arer using the disney dining plan which i know does take 2 meals to eat there?

TDC Nala 01-09-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jltdone (Post 47135133)
if u make reservations at cinderellas royal table they charge your credit card? what if you arer using the disney dining plan which i know does take 2 meals to eat there?

It is correct that Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) is a prepaid dining experience at and the time of booking the payment for the entire meal is due.

If you have a resort reservation with a dining plan already added at the time you book, you will (or you should - sometimes the website doesn't do this correctly) be asked to leave only a credit card hold. (Remember though - the no-show fee is the entire regular price of the meal for CRT - not $10 a person. So you may wish to pay particular attention to the cancellation policy.)

If you want to book CRT before you have a resort reservation with a dining plan, you'll have to pay when you book. But you can then change your method of payment to dining credits. You may be able to do this by calling 407-WDW-DINE. If that doesn't work (apparently not all CMs can do it, or know they can do it) then you can switch payment methods when you arrive at the restaurant and your previous payment will be refunded.

bumbershoot 01-09-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davedmaine (Post 47135029)
What are you talking about? It's not a deposit. You can cancel and get the $10 back

There is no $10 charge. Trust me, I have several reservations and only the CRT one charged me (and that was full price, as expected).

If you make a reservation with a CC guarantee, they don't charge you up front (except for CRT), not even $10. But if you are a no-show, THEN they will charge that $10 pp.

jltdone 01-09-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDC Nala (Post 47135193)
It is correct that Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) is a prepaid dining experience at and the time of booking the payment for the entire meal is due.

If you have a resort reservation with a dining plan already added at the time you book, you will (or you should - sometimes the website doesn't do this correctly) be asked to leave only a credit card hold. (Remember though - the no-show fee is the entire regular price of the meal for CRT - not $10 a person. So you may wish to pay particular attention to the cancellation policy.)

If you want to book CRT before you have a resort reservation with a dining plan, you'll have to pay when you book. But you can then change your method of payment to dining credits. You may be able to do this by calling 407-WDW-DINE. If that doesn't work (apparently not all CMs can do it, or know they can do it) then you can switch payment methods when you arrive at the restaurant and your previous payment will be refunded.

thank you for the info.... i am getting the hang of this. if and when we book the CRT it will be for our sons 5th birthday so i dont think we will be abcking out of it since the whole day is his day and we plan to do the crystal palace for breakfast and then the kingdom all day and then CRT for dinner and then firework show to end his day....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.