The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bye bye Big Thunder Mountain :( (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044276)

FoxwithEars 01-09-2013 04:35 AM

Bye bye Big Thunder Mountain :(
 
BTM at DL just recently went down for 10 months..... :( anyone else sad?!?

LaurenT 01-09-2013 05:50 AM

They shut down the DW one for about that long last year. We all survived...
You'll be ok, think happy thoughts.

DebbieB 01-09-2013 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxwithEars (Post 47130512)
BTM at DL just recently went down for 10 months..... :( anyone else sad?!?

The one at DL needs improvements, the line area is so small.

DisGirl819 01-09-2013 07:06 AM

At least it not two year like they did with space mountain. That was a long sad two years but with an awesome happy ending. So while it will be long, it's for the overall good :)

mom2rtk 01-09-2013 07:13 AM

You might get more commiseration over on the DL forum.

CentralFloridian99 01-09-2013 09:22 AM

This is the WDW thread, not DL :thumbsup2 When it was down last year at WDW for six months it was absolute torture waiting for it to get back up.

mom2rtk 01-09-2013 09:24 AM

Then after being down for 6 months, it was still down with problems as much as it was up during our December trip.

CentralFloridian99 01-09-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2rtk (Post 47132411)
Then after being down for 6 months, it was still down with problems as much as it was up during our December trip.

How about those geysers? ;)

disneyworld1977 01-09-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoxwithEars (Post 47130512)
BTM at DL just recently went down for 10 months..... :( anyone else sad?!?

I am sad...going in September and will still be closed unless magic happens...:wizard::smickey:

EMHDad 01-09-2013 10:01 AM

Ha, for a second, I thought op was saying BTRM was being shut down for 10 months at disney world. About to get upset considering they just did not too long ago. Sorry to hear about this on your end. Hope you still have a lot of fun!

FlightlessDuck 01-09-2013 10:34 AM

Obviously Disney Parks does not go by my schedule, but this is unbelieveable. We were at Walt Disney World in April 2012 with our high school band and BTMRR was down for refurb.

This year, in July, we are taking a cross country road trip with a plan to go to DisneyLand. And BTMRR will be down again?

Dagnab it!

mom2rtk 01-09-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck (Post 47133187)
Obviously Disney Parks does not go by my schedule, but this is unbelieveable. We were at Walt Disney World in April 2012 with our high school band and BTMRR was down for refurb.

This year, in July, we are taking a cross country road trip with a plan to go to DisneyLand. And BTMRR will be down again?

Dagnab it!

Oh no! That really does stink!

AshleeH 01-09-2013 01:11 PM

I am very sad! It is one of my favorite rides and I missed it at WDW this year because I found out I was pregnant a few weeks before we left.

But I thought, oh well, we're surprising the kids with a trip to Disneyland next year (this year) and I would get to ride it then. Nope, not anymore :(.

FoxwithEars 01-09-2013 04:06 PM

All I heard was that they were replacing the track and the vehicles and some show effects. Hopefully they fix the queue since sometimes it does stretch way outside the BTM entrance!...

stindall 01-09-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2rtk (Post 47131111)
You might get more commiseration over on the DL forum.

:thumbsup2


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.