The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gifts for CL CMs (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044266)

MomofDisneyLoversx3 01-09-2013 03:45 AM

Gifts for CL CMs

Please help! I just read the (multipage) thread 'club/concierge' and saw that CL CMs are not allowed to accept cash. I would like to do something and have seen people say edible gifts are nice or something that represents your state. Living in PA, I was thinking about small bottles of maple syrup.

My question is
1)Have you done the gift thing?
2) How did you present it?
3) Did you wait till the day of departure?

Tia

Heather

WDWKOOK 01-09-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 (Post 47130384)
Please help! I just read the (multipage) thread 'club/concierge' and saw that CL CMs are not allowed to accept cash. I would like to do something and have seen people say edible gifts are nice or something that represents your state. Living in PA, I was thinking about small bottles of maple syrup.

My question is
1)Have you done the gift thing?
2) How did you present it?
3) Did you wait till the day of departure?

Tia

Heather

Hi, Heather!

Club Level gifts are optional and not required. You could bring a treat that represents your state. I've brought gifts with me and I've purchased them while at WDW. Ghiradelli at DTD has many great gift options. I would offer the CL gift shortly after arrival or during your stay to either the CL manager or one of the concierges who was particularly helpful. You can have a note attached with 'TO' and 'FROM'. But again, it's not a requirement to bring gifts. Also, keep in mind that the IPO CMs are not the same CMs as the concierges on staff at your resort's CL.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 01-09-2013 05:55 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! I do know a gift is not mandatory, but I'm the girl who gives the garbage man a Christmas gift. I just love to see people's faces when they realize you recognize and appreciate what they do for you.

That being said, I was thinking I had been dealing directly w AKL this whole time of planning, and those people need more than a gift--they need a vacation from me ;)

I love the thought of something local, but I live in Northeast PA....we have coal, gas, and bluestone. Not sure how well the minerals would pass security ;)

Thanks as always
Heather

Ps your reply w regards to toiletries was great! I'm only shipping one box (medium sized but still)

jackemail 01-09-2013 06:50 AM

I pack a small basket and tissue paper, arrange the goodies (usually individual local chocolates, hand lotions and hand sanitizers, etc. from Bath and Body, etc.) in the basket, and give it to a CM the first day or two, along with a note.

MomofDisneyLoversx3 01-09-2013 07:55 AM

Great suggestion. And oddly prophetic--- I just texted my husband 'what about a basket of small lotions n hand sanitizers from b&b'. His reply 'add some leopolds chocolate and now your talking '

Thanks!
Heather

mouseketeermama 01-09-2013 09:15 AM

Last year when we stayed at the Poly, I took the CL CM a basket of Kukui body care products. I work for an organic body care company and we make them and since it was the Poly, I found it fitting since they have the only Kukui tree in Florida growing there.

I am at a loss of what to do for the staff at the WL when we stay next month.

WV Southern Belle 01-09-2013 11:40 AM

Hi, I also give a gift to the garbage man and UPS and FedEx...you see where this is going...lol. Just wondering if you try and do a little something for each CM or maybe a big basket for them to share? It would be easy to ship some stuff to your resort then pick up a few things:confused3 We stayed GF CL last year and I didn't even try but would like to this trip. I did leave a small lotion, hand sanitizer or candle from b&b for mouse keeping each day with our regular tip. It was Christmas season... my husband thinks I'm nuts...lol.:rotfl2:
I don't think the gift representing your state would work for me either as all we have here in WV is coal.:)

kkbutterfly 01-09-2013 11:50 AM

While they cannon accept cash, they can accept Visa/MC/Amex/Disney Gift cards if you wanted something 'similar' to cash.

I learned this when I was planning my wedding. I sent my planner and assistants Visa Gift Cards and they sent me a lovely thank you.

CanadianGuy 01-09-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkbutterfly
While they cannon accept cash, they can accept Visa/MC/Amex/Disney Gift cards if you wanted something 'similar' to cash.

I learned this when I was planning my wedding. I sent my planner and assistants Visa Gift Cards and they sent me a lovely thank you.

This is a great idea. And I think it's great for anyone to put these in with a little card and seal that up and send it along.

h&D3 03-16-2013 09:21 PM

so how do I...

Quote:

Originally Posted by WDWKOOK (Post 47130540)
Also, keep in mind that the IPO CMs are not the same CMs as the concierges on staff at your resort's CL.

get a gift to the IPO office. I don't plan on sending it, rather I wanted to drop something off when we are there.

I thought the CL CM's were a part of the IPO.

~D

veraletta 03-16-2013 10:25 PM

I bought a 5 lbs box of mixed Brownie from David's cookie. I handed the box to CM's at the concierges staff once they showed us where everything was at CL.

ClareH37 03-17-2013 04:22 AM

I tend to buy a couple of the big bags of mixed squares from Ghiradelli DTD, 1 for the IPO and 1 for the CL CMs - they're always warmly received and don't last long lol

momof4minnies 03-17-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 (Post 47130691)
I love the thought of something local, but I live in Northeast PA....we have coal, gas, and bluestone. Not sure how well the minerals would pass security ;)

Thanks as always
Heather

PA? May I suggest Hershey's candy? Something I know would put a big ole smile on my face.:thumbsup2

CraftyMommy 03-17-2013 02:21 PM

Being from PA you could do TastyKakes Krimpets. I grew up on those. Now that Hostess is out of business they just started selling TastyKakes in the stores where I now live. I was in heaven when I saw them on the shelves.

mmmears 03-17-2013 02:23 PM

A nicely worded letter to Disney praising the CM is also something you can do. I have heard that it goes into their file and does make a difference.:goodvibes