The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Unsweetened iced tea (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044142)

abekennedy 01-08-2013 07:56 PM

Unsweetened iced tea

Is it sold anywhere on Disney property? Just wondering! Thanks for the help

focusondisney 01-08-2013 08:04 PM

I get it at almost every sit down restaurant we go to. Had a delicious iced tea at Via Napoli last May, had a berry & lemon flavor. So good! Most places just have plain unflavored tea so this was a nice change.

abekennedy 01-08-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by focusondisney
I get it at almost every sit down restaurant we go to. Had a delicious iced tea at Via Napoli last May, had a berry & lemon flavor. So good! Most places just have plain unflavored tea so this was a nice change.

Thanks for your help! I go all the time but I've never ordered it anywhere at Disney

turkeymama 01-08-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abekennedy
Is it sold anywhere on Disney property? Just wondering! Thanks for the help

Yes, you will have no problem with this one. Now, if you ever try to find good ole southern sweet tea, you may have difficulty.

Disney LOVE Travel 01-08-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turkeymama (Post 47128079)
Yes, you will have no problem with this one. Now, if you ever try to find good ole southern sweet tea, you may have difficulty.

Right?! I live in New Orleans and you can't even find sweet tea here!! When I lived in Alabama, I got addicted to the stuff! But I can't bring myself to make it at home... the amount of sugar that goes into it is quite disturbing.

SoccerDogWithEars 01-08-2013 08:19 PM

My parents pack individual Splenda packets so they can make their own sweet tea on property. Personally, I despise tea of all sorts, so I'm not bothered by the dominantly unsweet tea. Give me Coke any day!

AlohaAnnie 01-08-2013 08:19 PM

I also get unsweetened iced tea at almost every meal. It is my favorite.

I love the tea at rose & Crown. Never had at Via Napoli but we have an ADR there. I will have to try it!

focusondisney 01-08-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie (Post 47128181)
I also get unsweetened iced tea at almost every meal. It is my favorite.

I love the tea at rose & Crown. Never had at Via Napoli but we have an ADR there. I will have to try it!

I loved Rose & Crown's too. I asked if they sold it at the Tea Shop & was told they don't, it's only in the restaurant. I thought the tea at Via Napoli was even better than that. And of course, they said it's a specially blended tea, just for them.

turkeymama 01-11-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney LOVE Travel (Post 47128155)
Right?! I live in New Orleans and you can't even find sweet tea here!! When I lived in Alabama, I got addicted to the stuff! But I can't bring myself to make it at home... the amount of sugar that goes into it is quite disturbing.

I'm surprised you can't find it in New Orleans. Of course, I live in the northern part of Louisiana and I haven't been down south of Alexandria in quite awhile. And yes, the amount of sugar in the sweet tea is quite excessive. :hyper: