The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help Me Decide! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044135)

DznyCrzy11 01-08-2013 08:45 PM

Help Me Decide!

Here's the delimma. Ok, we are currently booked at the Poly. We love the Poly and have stayed there for the past 3 years :lovestruc , but I kind of want to try a new resort, my husband doesn't care either way but he does seem to be leaning more towards the Poly. The other resort I am considering is the YC. We spend most of our time in EPCOT so I think this will be a huge plus.

Now here's where it gets tricky. We are currently booked on a free dining BB offer. It's my understanding that certain resorts only have so many rooms reserved for BB offers and/or free dining. Do you think we would even be able to switch to YC, if that's what we decided, and maintain the free dining BB offer?

So, for those of you who have stayed at the Poly and the YC, if you were deciding between the Poly and the YC, which one would you pick and why?
popcorn::

loganpaulsmom 01-08-2013 08:48 PM

Stay at the poly. I have stayed at both and going the choice of grab and go at the yacht/beach very limited to say the least. While I loved captain cooks and everything about the Poly..

mickeynut1 01-08-2013 08:56 PM

We've stayed at the Poly (which is our favorite resort), and although we haven't stayed at the YC, that is on our list of resorts to try. With that said, I think giving YC a try is a good idea, especially since you spend so much time at Epcot as you can't beat being within walking distance to Epcot (and DHS). As far as changing resorts and keeping FD, that depends on whether or not there is a room available at the YC under the FD BB offer. If you decide to call about changing resorts and a CRO CM is not able to check availability and make the change, ask to speak with someone in Guest Services and they will be able to help you. If the YC is available under your BB offer, it shouldn't be a problem for Guest Services to make the change. Good luck.

DznyCrzy11 01-08-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loganpaulsmom (Post 47127781)
Stay at the poly. I have stayed at both and going the choice of grab and go at the yacht/beach very limited to say the least. While I loved captain cooks and everything about the Poly..

That is something to think about. We didn't go to Captain Cooks a whole lot but it was nice having it right there nearby for when we did, we always stay in Fiji.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 47127904)
We've stayed at the Poly (which is our favorite resort), and although we haven't stayed at the YC, that is on our list of resorts to try. With that said, I think giving YC a try is a good idea, especially since you spend so much time at Epcot as you can't beat being within walking distance to Epcot (and DHS). As far as changing resorts and keeping FD, that depends on whether or not there is a room available at the YC under the FD BB offer. If you decide to call about changing resorts and a CRO CM is not able to check availability and make the change, ask to speak with someone in Guest Services and they will be able to help you. If the YC is available under your BB offer, it shouldn't be a problem for Guest Services to make the change. Good luck.

That's what I'm thinking. While we do spend quite a bit of time in MK, the majority of our time is in EPCOT.

Thank you for the replies!! Ok, I think first things first. I need to call Guest Services to see the YC even has a room available with the BB offer I have.

Keep the comments coming! :surfweb:

GrumpyBelle 01-08-2013 10:10 PM

Between the two, we chose Poly. We choose based on theme and YC just doesn't do it for us.

DznyCrzy11 03-25-2013 03:26 PM

Ok, we ended up staying with Poly but hopefully we'll find time to visit BC/YC to see if that's where we would like to stay in the future. We are definitely visiting the other monorail resorts this time, it's been 20 years since I've been in those!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

jhryb 03-25-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DznyCrzy11 (Post 47906532)
Ok, we ended up staying with Poly but hopefully we'll find time to visit BC/YC to see if that's where we would like to stay in the future. We are definitely visiting the other monorail resorts this time, it's been 20 years since I've been in those!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

I think that you made the right decision. I have stayed at the YC (I also spend a lot of time at Epcot) but I still prefer the Poly

mickey2minnie1 03-25-2013 06:50 PM

While I think the YC is beautiful, the Poly has the relaxing feel, romance, and you can see the castle. :thumbsup2

mmmears 03-26-2013 12:33 AM

It's a tough call for my family, but it sounds like you really like the Poly so I think you're making the right decision sticking with it. Visiting the YC/BC is a great idea... Check out Beaches and Cream (they have amazing sundaes there).:goodvibes