The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Chicken wings (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3043984)

sachilles 01-08-2013 04:37 PM

Chicken wings

I'm slightly obsessed with chicken wings. They aren't good for you, but I love them. I hit the national chicken wing festival as often I can. Which disney restaurant have wings worthy of a try. I've looked at the allears menus and found a few. What do folks recommend? I like all kinds, they need not be super spicy, but heat doesn't bother me.

bookgirl 01-08-2013 05:49 PM

Technically not WDW though at DTD, but we often will go to Rainforest Cafe when we shop in Dallas and they have GREAT wings. Spicy though so be prepared to set your lips on fire.

I would assume that T-Rex being the same chain would have the same sauce if they do wings.

OKW Lover 01-08-2013 06:06 PM

If you go to the WDWinfo site there is a great search feature that will allow you to find all the restaurants at WDW that serve chicken wings.

SimplyGoofy 01-08-2013 06:19 PM

I thought the wings at Yak & Yeti were excellent! 'Ohana also had good wings, but I liked Y&Y better. :thumbsup2

BuffaloJim 01-08-2013 06:33 PM

I don't think Yak & Yeti is still peddling wings. I've never had Buffalo Wings at WDW (because that just wouldn't be right), but I did have the wings at Sci-Fi, and 'Ohana. Both were decent, 'Ohana's were probably better.

People also rave about Kona's, but I've never tried them. I think ESPN alctually sells them Buffalo style as well.

nkereina 01-08-2013 07:27 PM

Being from Buffalo, I can assure you there are no good wings in WDW or anywhere else for that matter ;) However, the ones at ESPN would be the closest.

sachilles 01-08-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkereina (Post 47126935)
Being from Buffalo, I can assure you there are no good wings in WDW or anywhere else for that matter ;) However, the ones at ESPN would be the closest.

Anchor bar or duffs? The way you answer will help me form an opinion of your opinion;)
Is it it Dwyers in tonawanda ? Love their wings for some reason. My brother in law lives in grand island and we love to visit. All the junk food in the buffalo area is my cup of tea.

They don't have to be "buffalo" flavor for me to like them.

focusondisney 01-08-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkereina (Post 47126935)

:thumbsup2 Another Buffalonian & I agree with ESPN. The wings are big & messy! DH & I stop in for them almost every trip.

DizDaD7 01-08-2013 08:41 PM

ESPN's are just as good if not better than Hooters...:thumbsup2

SillyFamily 01-08-2013 09:03 PM

Kona's wings were yummy!!!!

jsgrand0 01-08-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 47126198)
If you go to the WDWinfo site there is a great search feature that will allow you to find all the restaurants at WDW that serve chicken wings.

Hey, thanks for this! didn't know you could search for specific menu items...now to find everywhere that has creme brulee!
:)

Ro Z 01-08-2013 10:39 PM

Kona, Ohana and Tambu lounge have good sticky wings. Otherwise I order mine plain. I don't like the spicy/buffalo style. ESPn wings are big. RiverRoost at POR have some good wings and nachos. But like I said I get them plain so can't comment on any sauce!

Ro Z 01-08-2013 10:50 PM

OMG. Chefs has the best creme brulee. Sunshine Seasons is right up there too. Wasn't impressed with WPE. But that was right after I had the one at Chefs.

partigus 01-09-2013 01:44 AM

i gotta think

that there are 100 great places to get wings withing 15 minutes from the world....I've had a few decent plates at some of the resort lounges...but NOTHING to get excited about

LillsnJills 01-09-2013 03:20 AM

I really loved the Nom Nom wings at Raglan Road in DTD. Not the typical Buffalo style, but rather with a slightly spicy, garlicky teriyaki type sauce. They were some of the best wings I've had. Even my partner, who usually dislikes wings, loved them.