The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Confused and frustrated (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3043490)

disneyfanbecky 01-07-2013 07:24 PM

Confused and frustrated

Hi!

So hopefully someone here can help me! I'm planning a trip in May for graduation, and was thrilled when the recent Spring offer came out! I am an AP holder and am traveling with 2 other adults who need tickets. We also want the dining plan, so our plan was to book the discounted vacation package for them and add the dining plan for me. So we would be paying for tickets for the two of them, the room for all of us, and dining for all of us. By my calculations for the Beach Club, this worked out to about $4200 (including about $50 a day for the dining plan for me). Right at the tip of my budget!

However, when I called they said that we could only book the discounted vacation package if I got a ticket too - which I don't need! That would be $4700 and include a ticket we don't need. I thought they could be on the vacation package and I could add AP dining? He said my other option was to book under the AP rate and get a dining plan for all of us with the AP room rate, but that works out to $5400. I am so confused!! Was this CM wrong and is there a way to do this??

softballmom3 01-07-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyfanbecky
Hi!

So hopefully someone here can help me! I'm planning a trip in May for graduation, and was thrilled when the recent Spring offer came out! I am an AP holder and am traveling with 2 other adults who need tickets. We also want the dining plan, so our plan was to book the discounted vacation package for them and add the dining plan for me. So we would be paying for tickets for the two of them, the room for all of us, and dining for all of us. By my calculations for the Beach Club, this worked out to about $4200 (including about $50 a day for the dining plan for me). Right at the tip of my budget!

However, when I called they said that we could only book the discounted vacation package if I got a ticket too - which I don't need! That would be $4700 and include a ticket we don't need. I thought they could be on the vacation package and I could add AP dining? He said my other option was to book under the AP rate and get a dining plan for all of us with the AP room rate, but that works out to $5400. I am so confused!! Was this CM wrong and is there a way to do this??

I'm not really sure but I know I would call back and talk to someone else to see what they say :).

Belle83 01-07-2013 07:35 PM

Why not book online? It gives you the option of room-only there. (Not sure if you'll have a problem adding the dining plan though). Lots have people have been able to do room-only with the spring discount.

disneyfanbecky 01-07-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belle83 (Post 47116654)
Why not book online? It gives you the option of room-only there. (Not sure if you'll have a problem adding the dining plan though).

Ya, that's why - you can't add an AP dining plan on there unfortunately!

mickeynut1 01-07-2013 07:48 PM

The CM was correct. Everyone in the room must have the same package components. In order to book the spring deal with the DDP, everyone (including yourself) would have to purchase park tickets in order to get the DDP. The only way around you not having to buy tickets is to book the room under the AP discount with the DDP (AP + Dine package) and the other two purchase their tickets separately. The DDP requires a minimum purchase of a 1 day base ticket (or the minimum required if there is one for a particular deal), with the exception of a ticketless AP package, booking with DVC points, or renting DVC points. Special deals such as free dining, the spring promo, etc. require a ticket purchase in order to get the DDP even if you have an AP.

disneyfanbecky 01-07-2013 07:59 PM

Thanks for the help! It seems silly that I will end up booking room-only and not booking tickets and a dining plan just because I have an AP!

Would there be a way for all of us to get the DDP and just get one day tickets (and I just wouldn't use mine) - and then upgrade only 2 of the tickets when we get there to the 8 day tickets?

Sandisw 01-07-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyfanbecky
Thanks for the help! It seems silly that I will end up booking room-only and not booking tickets and a dining plan just because I have an AP!

Would there be a way for all of us to get the DDP and just get one day tickets (and I just wouldn't use mine) - and then upgrade only 2 of the tickets when we get there to the 8 day tickets?

Yes.. That would be my suggestion. Your friends can upgrade when they get there and you can save your one day ticket to put toward your next AP.

bayoudisney 01-08-2013 01:31 PM

you can always save your ticket for your next trip and just use the one you have now. tickets don't expire till after first day of use usually unless it changed

clanmcculloch 01-08-2013 01:34 PM

Hopefully there'll be a good AP discount (eventually) in which case you can book a ticketless AP package for all of you using that rate (only the lead on the reservation has to have an AP) and your friends can buy their tickets separately.