The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Insulted. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3043173)

crznut 01-07-2013 10:59 AM

Insulted.

Just checked in to WL 3109. Horrible "non" view. Paid for courtyard. I see trees & the main focal point is the public balcony. I will not waste my vacation time begging for a decent view already paid for. Very disappointed Disney would do this.

Crznut.

kapoof 01-07-2013 11:22 AM

Maybe take 5 minutes to talk to someone at the front desk, not a lot of time wasted, and you could get a nicer view. But doing nothing but complaining on a message board is not going to get you what you paid for.

SouthernExplorer 01-07-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapoof (Post 47111234)
Maybe take 5 minutes to talk to someone at the front desk, not a lot of time wasted, and you could get a nicer view. But doing nothing but complaining on a message board is not going to get you what you paid for.

I agree. Give Disney an opportunity to fix the problem. The manager can't fix a problem that he is not aware of.

stargazertechie 01-07-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crznut (Post 47111010)
. I will not waste my vacation time begging for a decent view already paid for.

But you will waste your time venting on a message board that can't solve the problem for you?

Mousemommy1 01-07-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargazertechie (Post 47111389)
But you will waste your time venting on a message board that can't solve the problem for you?

Some people revel in being unhappy I guess. :confused3

Spunky946 01-07-2013 11:43 AM

wow, why not go down to the desk and say something. I"m sure they will take care of it. No use complaining here, when you could get it taken care of there.

fla4fun 01-07-2013 11:50 AM

The problem with AKL and WL is that the landscaping keeps growing and the views that were once courtyard views become tree trunk views. I would take a photo of the view, and take the photo to the front desk and ask where the courtyard is that you're supposed to see. They may either have to do some trimming or re-categorize the room.

nathanyell 01-07-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Just checked in to WL 3109. Horrible "non" view. Paid for courtyard. I see trees & the main focal point is the public balcony. I will not waste my vacation time begging for a decent view already paid for. Very disappointed Disney would do this.

Crznut.

WL has always fixed things like this really fast. I would go talk to the front desk. Especially since they are not crowded this time of year.

Brian

bumbershoot 01-07-2013 12:28 PM

Whatever you do, do not *call* the "front desk". Pressing that button on the phone gets you to an out of state call center. They are a little closer to being able to help you than a message board is (on the other hand, the Dis has good info), but physically going to the actual front desk is better.

Silly to hate the view but not do anything about it! That'll just let you hate the trip, or at least the resort portion, and that'll stick with you for a long time. If you let them try to make you happy, it might be THAT that sticks with you.

minnie mum 01-07-2013 12:41 PM

I agree with the PPs. If you will do nothing to help yourself, then you have no one to blame for your unhappiness but yourself. Handle it or don't handle it, but I don't think you'll get much sympathy here.

Still trying to figure out where the insult came from. From the original post I see no mention of being attacked, demeaned, or treated with rudeness or contempt. From what I see, all that happened was that you were given a room with a view that you don't like. Put your big boy pants on, go down to the front desk, and explain to the manager why you have your knickers in such a strangle hold.

Lisann 01-07-2013 12:44 PM

It sounds like you got the courtyard, right? Trees and the public area balcony? Isn't that the courtyard?

nuge67 01-07-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Crznut.

This should be fun reading the replies :cool1:

BabyFu18 01-07-2013 12:53 PM

If your unhappy take a few minutes to go by the front desk and let them at least have the opportunity to try and make it right.

kapoof 01-07-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuge67 (Post 47112184)
This should be fun reading the replies :cool1:

:lmao: but what is to be expected by such a odd post? I've been disappointed with views but never insulted.

gwynne 01-07-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BabyFu18 (Post 47112231)
If your unhappy take a few minutes to go by the front desk and let them at least have the opportunity to try and make it right.

I agree. Stop by the desk. Chances are you'll be in the lobby at sometime today, anyway. As long as it's a reasonable request, they will try to work with a guest.

"Venting" doesn't help fix much of anything.