The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   1/6/13 - Already out of the running for Wife/Mother of the Year (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3042861)

LisaR 01-06-2013 07:58 PM

1/6/13 - Already out of the running for Wife/Mother of the Year

Poor DH. I don't know why he puts up with me.

Conversation:
Me: What did you do to your hand? It looks like you have a little blood blister.

DH: That's a birthmark. I've had it since.......um......BIRTH!

Me: No way! I've never noticed it before. OMG! How can you have a birthmark in such a noticeable spot and I've never noticed?

DH: I think you've seen it before. I remember talking about it.

Me: Hmmm......I'm not sure which is worse; not knowing that you have a birthmark at all or talking about it in the past and not remembering the conversation or the birthmark.

DH: Don't worry about it. It just gives me something to hold over your head. :rotfl2:

Me: It bugs me. I can't believe I didn't know about it. We've been married for 24 years.......25 this May. This is something I should know about you.

DH: Um.....Honey, we've actually been married for 23 years, 24 this May.

Me: :blush: :faint: Damn! There goes my Wife of the Year award. I wonder if I am still in the running for Mother of the Year?

Both kids simultaneously: NOOOOOOOO!

:lmao:

denisem 01-06-2013 08:09 PM

I HATE when that happens! :rotfl2:

Cute story - come and join me on the wife of the year reject bench... ;)

Saphire 01-06-2013 08:12 PM

LOL!!!:rotfl:

HannaBelle 01-06-2013 08:24 PM

LOL OP!

I feel your pain. DH has a tattoo on his shoulder, I cannot every remember which shoulder and I just know I am going to be called on to identify his body and I will get it wrong! :lmao:

Gumbo4x4 01-06-2013 08:29 PM

The anniversary part got me :rotfl2:

goofyintoronto 01-06-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4

Me too! LMAO!

jetskigrl 01-07-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaR (Post 47105444)
Poor DH. I don't know why he puts up with me.

Conversation:
Me: What did you do to your hand? It looks like you have a little blood blister.

DH: That's a birthmark. I've had it since.......um......BIRTH!

Me: No way! I've never noticed it before. OMG! How can you have a birthmark in such a noticeable spot and I've never noticed?

DH: I think you've seen it before. I remember talking about it.

Me: Hmmm......I'm not sure which is worse; not knowing that you have a birthmark at all or talking about it in the past and not remembering the conversation or the birthmark.

DH: Don't worry about it. It just gives me something to hold over your head. :rotfl2:

Me: It bugs me. I can't believe I didn't know about it. We've been married for 24 years.......25 this May. This is something I should know about you.

DH: Um.....Honey, we've actually been married for 23 years, 24 this May.

Me: :blush: :faint: Damn! There goes my Wife of the Year award. I wonder if I am still in the running for Mother of the Year?

Both kids simultaneously: NOOOOOOOO!

:lmao:

If it makes you feel better, I have a rather large birthmark on the palm of my left hand. People who have known me for years will all of the sudden notice it and ask me if I burned my hand :rotfl2: Even my sister saw it in a picture when we were adults and made a comment about it (she knew I had it but I guess just hadn't noticed it in a while).

I guess birthmarks on hands are not really noticeable.

Disney Doll 01-07-2013 08:03 AM

At least you took the pressure off yourself early.;)

LisaR 01-07-2013 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Doll (Post 47109271)
At least you took the pressure off yourself early.;)

I love it! It should be smooth sailing from here on out without the pressure! :rotfl:

wdwmom0f3 01-07-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumbo4x4 (Post 47105815)

:lmao: Me too!

deserrai 01-07-2013 09:19 AM

So funny! :lmao: