The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Last week of April vs. first week of May (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3042799)

dreamcruiser 01-06-2013 06:11 PM

Last week of April vs. first week of May

I have a trip planned for the week of April 29, but it has become necessary to move the trip to the week prior. For those of you who have been during spring break times, is the last (full ) week of April (22 thru 27) fairly quiet, with the kiddies back in school?
I believe Easter is early in March this year, so that will have no bearing on my decision, now that I have looked it up. It's the spring breaks I'm concerned about.

kermit116 01-06-2013 06:42 PM

Tagging on because I'm also wondering about this.

Mousemommy1 01-06-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcruiser (Post 47104111)
I have a trip planned for the week of April 29, but it has become necessary to move the trip to the week prior. For those of you who have been during spring break times, is the last (full ) week of April (22 thru 27) fairly quiet, with the kiddies back in school?
I believe Easter is early in March this year, so that will have no bearing on my decision, now that I have looked it up. It's the spring breaks I'm concerned about.

Well, we will be down there the 18th to the 28th because that's the NH spring break....I'm sure we are not the only ones...but, the crowd calendars (which I never actually follow) have crowds at 4 and 5 for the whole time we are there, which I am excited about since we are always there during 7-10 time periods.

itsmeamanda 01-06-2013 07:36 PM

We are going to be there for our first time that week as well. Interested to see the other replies.

Cindie-rella 01-06-2013 11:40 PM

We've almost always gone the end of April into the 1st week of May (this yr will be April 27 thru May 5th) and it has never been uncomfortably crowded anywhere. We have very little wait on rides and even do many meals w/o any ressies, even character meals with a 20 min wait time at most. I'm sure you'll be fine b/c even if some schools are on spring break I would think that the majority are over. I wouldn't panic, but please do let us know if it is still crazed at that time....;)

minnie mum 01-06-2013 11:45 PM

As a pp already mentioned, the crowd calendar projections are for around a level 4 or 5- the last week of April and the first week of May.

Compare this to the March crowd predictions of 7-10. Kind of speaks for itself.

dreamcruiser 01-07-2013 06:10 AM

Well, so far, it seems my decision to leave the week earlier will be alright.:thumbsup2 I'm just one of these obsessive Disney planners (anyone know any of THOSE? :lmao:) and want to make the right decision.
And thanks also for the responses re: the crowd calendar. Believe it or not, I don't usually consult that when planning my visits!

Edited to add...I just noticed that Easter is at the end of March, not early!! I wonder if that is why some folks' spring breaks are late into April??

Mousemommy1 01-07-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dreamcruiser (Post 47108554)
Well, so far, it seems my decision to leave the week earlier will be alright.:thumbsup2 I'm just one of these obsessive Disney planners (anyone know any of THOSE? :lmao:) and want to make the right decision.
And thanks also for the responses re: the crowd calendar. Believe it or not, I don't usually consult that when planning my visits!

Edited to add...I just noticed that Easter is at the end of March, not early!! I wonder if that is why some folks' spring breaks are late into April??

Our April vacation is the same time every year. Last week of April.

dreamcruiser 01-07-2013 06:35 AM

Mousemommy1, thanks for the helpful info! :thumbsup2 Re: the crowd calendars, I hardly ever even look at them, much less follow them...4 and 5 sounds great!!
What is your experience with the weather at that time of year?