Is it true that villas don't get cleaned everyday?
We are a big party of 5 adults and 2 kids. We want to stay together in a OKW 2 bedroom villa. When I was reading the reviews off Tripadvisor, I noticed people complaining about their rooms not being serviced everyday. With 2 kids, they can be pretty messy and I would like to have our room cleaned everyday. We are not renting points or DVC members. This is just a regular guest paying the regular price. Can someone set me straight? Thanks!
If you are paying through the reservations you get housekeeping every day. If you rent points or a dvc member you have to pay extra for housekeeping.
Cash reservations through Disney get daily housekeeping, just like any other resort stay.
For reservations made with points, DVC has a pay-as-you-go housekeeping program. Here's how it works:
Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.
Trash & Towel Service
For stays of seven or less nights, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day four, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.
With Trash & Towel service, Housekeeping will:
* Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins.
* Provide fresh bathroom linens.
* Replace shampoo, facial soap and bath soap.
* Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper.
* Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners.
* Replenish dishwashing liquid, dishwashing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent as needed in one-, two- and three-bedroom Vacation Homes.
With Full Cleaning service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:
* Change the bed linens.
* Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home.
* Clean the bathroom(s).
* Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes.
Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more for the following fees:
* Toiletries Package, $5.00 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
* Coffee Package, $3.00 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
* Towel Package, $6.00 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat
* Laundry Detergent (only in One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Vacation Homes), $1.00 - 1 box
Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
* Studio/Inn Room - $30.00 per day requested
* One-Bedroom - $45.00 per day requested
* Two-Bedroom - $60.00 per day requested
* Three-Bedroom - $75.00 per day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
* Studio/Inn Room - $15.00 per day requested
* One-Bedroom - $20.00 per day requested
* Two-Bedroom - $25.00 per day requested
* Three-Bedroom - $35.00 per day requested
Thank you for the info. We don't need our roomed cleaned every day but for $15. a day I think we would like the trash & towel service. Or is there a place to dispose of our own trash? We will eat small meals and snacks in our villa and I don't want to wait until day 4 to have the trash removed.
We usually throw towels in washing machine every morning. We have always requested extra towels and never been charged for them. I like having the bathrooms cleaned every coupe days.
As the others have stated if you book with Disney paying cash you get daily housekeeping just like any other resort.
Sadly many people who post on Trip Advisor are not well informed. If they rented a reservation from a DVC member then no they don't get daily housekeeping and they should have known that when they booked.
We've always had great housekeeping service when we've stayed at the Wilderness Lodge villas. This last trip (October 2012), the gentleman who cleaned our room after we checked out actually found my husband's lost wallet and turned it in, cash, gift cards and id intact. What was even more impressive was WHERE the man found it..... Behind the pull out couch. He had moved it to vacuum the room before the next set of guests checked in, and found it back there.
Not only were we thrilled to have it back, but we were absolutely amazed at the dedication of this man.... Cleaning where no one will look.
Just my two cents.... :)
We did get some extra supplies: soaps, shampoos, cleaning supplies, & light housekeeping about every 3-4 days. We were there for 3 consecutive weeks in the same room.
We did order Tide from gardengrocer.com along with our grocery delivery and it worked out fine.
You are going to love it there. It's so peaceful, spacious, nice views from the balconies, etc.
DVC is a timeshare. It isn't a hotel. Members/owners pay for everything at the timeshare.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.